1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you trans if you could tolerate sticking with your assigned gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hawke, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Hawke

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone! I've been questioning my gender for a while, but there's something I'm stuck on. I HATE that I was AFAB and everything that comes with it. It makes me sick that I can get pregnant, I hate periods, I hate being constantly sexually harassed, I hate my vagina/breasts, and I hate having my entire worth placed on my appearance. The fact that people identify me as a woman makes my skin crawl. I know I'd be happier as a male (the thought makes me ecstatic), but I could tolerate living as a woman for the rest of my life, albeit uncomfortably. So, are you trans if you could stand sticking to your assigned gender?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you can still be trans and choose not to transition. I guess what it comes down to, is in the long run, what would make you happier? What was a deciding factor for me was how I wanted to live the rest of my life. If I chose not to transition that would mean I would be living my whole life repressing a part of myself which could have made me happy. I decided that, even if my transition took 5 or 10 years to complete, I’d have hopefully 50+ years to live in a body that I am in love with. As opposed to living in a body that I can only just tolerate. Though personally I’m not sure I could tolerate dysphoria any longer without having transitioned because of the emotional stress it was putting me under every day.

In the end it is your journey and whether you choose to transition or not is your choice. If you can be happy as your assigned gender and can alleviate your dysphoria in ways other than hormones and surgery, that can be a good thing too. Don’t let anyone pressure you into feeling like you have to do this or that to be “trans enough.”

Hats likes this.
  3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To me the key word is "tolerate". You'd rather be a male, to me that makes you a trans person. You could could also count as a some other terms such as "bi-gender" where you identify as both male and female. The term "trans" can be an umbrella term in which there are other terms that can fall underneath it. I don't classify myself as "trans", I feel like I could be happy as a woman, but am okay being a man.

Mihael likes this.