1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you the opposite of your sibling(s)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, May 15, 2015.

1. mangotree

All my life, I've been compared to my sister.
    People who know us both have rarely held back their opinion of how different our personalities are.

Most of the time, I'm the quiet, shy, introverted, nerdy, clumsy, awkward, messy, average, a few good friends, free-spirited type.

My sister on the other hand; outgoing, talkative, extroverted, confident, organised, neat, naturally gifted at many things, a big circle of friends.

2. Hiems

I have three older brothers and two older sisters, so explaining differences in personalities would be time consuming. I also don't hang out with them much, except for my older brother closest to my age, so I don't know how they act like nowadays.

My older brother and I are different in several ways. He's more outgoing and has many friends, whereas I'm reserved and have few friends. His Myers-Briggs is ENFP, while I'm INTJ. And he's an academic underachiever, whereas I'm an academic overachiever. So yup, we're not the same at all.

3. bridgek

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would have to agree with the statement that siblings are often the opposite of eachother. While this does not apply to all situations, I can directly compare it to the differences between my younger brother and I. Going past our physical differences (my brown hair and darker skin tone vs. his blond hair and lighter skin tone), I have observed that over the years one seems to excel in what the other has trouble with. For example, acadmics and musical ability come natural to me while my brother struggles with that, and social popularity and athletics come easily to him while I have often had a hard time. I almost think it is better that way though, just because we never have to compete against eachother and can learn from one another.

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I have two brothers who are more than twenty years older than me.
    They're awesome, but I am the weird one in the family. Hahaha. I don't mind, but it kind of sucks that we have nothing to talk about. :/
    We can usually laugh at things together and just be family, but our humor and ways of thinking can clash. I can come off as creepy and sometimes I get iffed at something they say. I wish I got to see them more though.

5. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dont have any brothers or sisters, however what family i do have, im nearly completely opposite to all of them

in fact its actually a little depressing for me, because they wont just come up to me to talk, and theyre so loud that they dont hear me any way