1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you the opposite of your sibling(s)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, May 15, 2015.

1. Psaurus918

My sister and I are 20 years apart in age, she's very smart and a "go-getter", I'm more laid back and take it day by day. I guess if anything we share the same humor and sarcasm

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My sister is nearly 3 years younger than me.

If I had to put a percentage to it, we're 80% different. Our similarities aren't very impressive though, and typically range with some music and a few movies we both like, as well as both wanting more out of life. But this is where the similarities end, because she depends on others to support her, while I depend on others to be my means to my goal.

Basically, we both want more, but she isn't willing to go the extra mile. I am and have two fairly easy, little time-given, fine-paying jobs, but she has friends and a husband, so it's hard to say who is right.

She tends to dislike me, except when she wants something. Other than that, she's very neutral towards me. I'm the same, except I never really need her, there are other ways and individuals for what she could provide, and who would be better.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any. :slight_smile:

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I can't believe people wouldn't want you around, golgari! If they don't they're stupid and don't know what they're missing out on!

Hmm, I am very synchronized with my sister... mostly no.

5. TheStormInside

I have two brothers. With J we are like complete opposites. He's loud, outgoing, always out doing something and meeting people. I'm the shy, quiet one in the corner, or staying at home. He's impulsive, I'm a planner. He's pretty carefree, and I'm a worrier. He's heavily into music, whereas I have little interest (though we do overlap in the fact that we are both artistic, he's just audio whereas I'm visual). T, however, is a lot more like me. My parents have even noted how eerily similar we can be at times. :lol:

6. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother is the complete opposite of me. He likes card games (magic, d&d, etc..), computer games, and is a night owl. His political views, like the rest of my family are completely different from mine. His personality I describe as "Im (him)always right, and you (everyone) are always wrong." He also drinks till he pukes, while I very rarely ever drink. He was more of a troublemaker, while I was the golden child. Im also careful when it comes to money, while he is nearly broke and wastes money.

7. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    tge only thing I have in common with my stupid sister is that we share the same parents. And we both breathe oxygen. Other than that we're polar opposites.

8. Notlad

Other than a few differences here and there, our core is the same.

We're all kinda smartasses and we're very stubborn.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you mean unclean, foul-mouthed, opinionated, stubborn, and a smartass--yes.

10. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Me and my two poodle siblings all have the same hair.

11. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well... no, not at all.

My brother's basically the male version of me. We're very alike both personality wise as well as looks. :slight_smile: We can pretty much read eachothers minds even.
    Whenever I introduce my brother for the first time to a friend the reaction is the same : "... He looks EXACTLY like a male version of you O_O"
    Oh, and it's not because I'm masculine, he feminine or anything like that.

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister is a Myers-Briggs ESTJ; I am INTJ...opposite in two of the most important ways.

We drive each other nuts, each saying things that are not at all meant to hurt, but end up wounding one another terribly just the same, because of the difference in styles. My partner just watches and shakes her head. Don't get me wrong, my partner (another INTJ) also finds her frustrating and infuriating...but she sees that the barbs we get hit by are not the ones flung by one another, and it's *almost* amusing to her.

But yes...my sister...just like me, except devoid of imagination and depth.

13. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Yes, my sister and I are polar opposites. I've always been more of a tomboy and a generally very casual person. Also I'm pretty quiet and shy. My sister on the other hand has always been super girly, very into fashion, and very loud and outgoing.

14. CyanChachki

Very much so. To put it nicely, my older sister is very loud, needs to be in the spotlight and what I like to call, a negative opportunist. A negative opportunist is a person who will..for example be in a mall and asks if anyone is thirsty. If someone says yes, they'll ask that person if they can buy a drink for them too. Like it's very... "caught in the middle".. if that makes sense.

My younger sister is sort of like me, we get along well and have the same humor but she's a little more outspoken and she likes to have things to do, where as I can't have too many things going on in a day or my energy is drained by 5 pm.

15. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My little sister is so much like me that I feel sorry for her.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're the exact opposite. His violent temper aside, he's extremely girly and has a really high voice, unlike me.

17. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have two brothers who are like day and night. Other one (16yo) is talkative, brave, open, easygoing and doesn't do anything besides plays videogames. He doesn't worry or stress either, he's not that good at school. The other one (14yo) is shy, stressed and very grumpy all the time but is excellent at school, he's always worried how people think of him.

I'm more like the younger one... Also, we both have dark hair and the easygoing one is blonde :---D He's straight too, but not sure about the youngest one. If you look at the family picture the blonde one looks like from a different dad lol

18. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My younger sister and I are quite different. She's very ambitious and outgoing; I am not. We have things in common too: we both enjoy being silly and being creative. We both take meds for mental illness.
    That last bit sometimes makes me wonder if our parents did an okay job raising us. Two kids, both have mental illness. Hmm.

19. biisme

My siblings and I may have similar tastes in movies, or books, or food, but we are fundamentally different people. We do not think the same way, do not have the same beliefs, and so not have the same priorities.

20. Higs

Completely different. We hardly get along with eachother but it has been several years since she moved out to live on her own so I only get to see her few times a month.