1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you ready for a relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joelouis, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now, I do not. I've never had a relationship, so it's not as if I'm wishing to go back to something I once had. At the same time, I don't seem to have much desire to be in one at the moment. I'm perfectly fine being single (as long as I can live with other people!)

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I'm mature enough or emotionally stable enough for a relationship right now. I've got lots of other things on my mind.

3. JasmineTea

I'm always really, really torn about this. On the one hand, I'd really love a relationship- on the other, I'm really not off all too great mentally at the moment, and I'm not so sure that would be good for either me or the other(s) involved. I almost got into a relationship with a girl not too long ago, but wound up panicking just as things were beginning to kick off and telling her I wasn't really wanting a relationship at the time. I'm also pretty lonely though.

For the time being, I've just mostly been trying to focus on writing, school, and my beliefs. Things have been going... decently.

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A serious one? Hell no, and while I like the idea, I doubt I ever will be. Casual relationships=no problem, but commitment isn't my strong point. Not because I'd cheat (I wouldn't) but because I'm still young and I'd like to have the freedom to see other people and do new things without worrying about what my partner thinks.

5. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very interesting that you would post this when I've been mulling over this exact topic.

Yes/No.

When I was at the latter half of 18 or the early half of 19, I realised that I wasn't ready to embark into the dating scene. Prior to this I had been obsessing and stressing myself about dating and things like sex. So, I decided to undertake a vow of celibacy. I did this for a few reasons. Focusing on my spirituality as well as finding my sense of self were at the top of my list. I didn't know who I was then and I was easily swayed. It also had occurred to me around that time that I was extremely attracted to abusive people. That realization hit me like a brick (no pun intended) and really got me thinking.

A year or two now, and I'm thankful for being able to take my time and discovering who I really am as a person. Lately, I've been thinking a lot about relationships. Thinking about it has been having for the most part, I'd say a negative impact on me. I don't believe that I am ready. I'm not looking forward towards any renewed social pressure or in having to explain my stance. I intend to do this until the time comes.

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2016 at 06:28 AM ----------

No. But I have considered it.

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2016 at 06:36 AM ----------

Good luck!!!

6. JasmineTea

Maybe an open relationship would be best for you? Or a polyamorous one?

As for doing new things without worrying what your partner thinks, I think one should be able to do that in a relationship anyways. Relationships, after all, are about enjoying the close company of another person, in my opinion. If you're constantly worrying about what you're partner would think of something, it doesn't sound all too healthy.

I like to think of relationships being more like... holding somebody's hand as you walk through life. c:

7. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've never had a relationship, and though i enjoy being alone i find myself feeling lonely, so i guess i would like to know how it feels to have a special someone. But i think i could only do this if i had some space and time for myself.

8. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I just wish to meet The One. But now I don't think I'm ready. I just realized I might fall in love with HIM long long ago. I thought it was friendship. I will stop this stupid unrequited love when he gets married. Then be ready for a relationship!

9. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want a relationship but I don't think I'm ready for one yet. It is a pretty complicated period in my life, and although a relationship would be nice it might not be super easy to make it work at this time.

10. Kaboom

Am I ready for a relationship? Yes.
    Am I single? yes.
    Am I desperate? No.

Funny thing that happens. When I'm in a relationship, I'm like ''Wow, I really missed this." Relationship doesn't work out... give it some time... I'm like ''Wow, I really missed this."

It's a constant circle. I don't mind being single. There's plenty about being single that I enjoy. I get into MY routine and MY time. Focus on myself. Then again, there's plenty about being in a relationship that I enjoy as well... like always having someone to cuddle with. Mmm.. Cuddle time.

Either one or the other and I kind of forget about the other. I will say that I never miss being single when I have someone special.

11. I'm_Danni_x

I would want a relationship sometime in the future and I am certain it is better for me to wait until i have started college at the very least.