1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you confident in your looks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, not at all.

2. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been extremely insecure but have learned that people percieve me as good looking/beautiful/handsome. I know it but I am not confident. People constantly get attracted to me for the wrong reasons. I want to be wanted because of who I really am. Not because of my pretty face. I am afraid of people in general because I fear they want something even if they tell me they want to be just friends. Men, women, etc., it's the same.

#42 Harjus, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  3. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

To make things short, I'm the most feminine looking guy I've ever seen

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

5. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha, nope. Sometimes I might think "Oh, I actually look kind of cute there (that's a recent thing) but most of the time I'm like "Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh". I think my features are awkward or boring. Nothing that really stands out. I've been told by others that I'm attractive but I don't really get where they're coming from. I'm flattered by it, but at the same time I'm like "How...? Really?"

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a massive generalisation though, and nobody would tolerate it in the opposite direction. I've known - and still know - people that I consider very good looking but are anything but mediocre, personality-wise.

I genuinely believe that people convince themselves that very attractive people are deeply insecure and unhappy, to try and feel better about their own lack of confidence in the looks department.

#46 imnotreallysure, Dec 5, 2015
  7. wolf of fire

Let me put it this way: I have a large nose, yellow teeth, greasy unkept hair, BO, and I'm insercure about how thin I am (rare I know) I honestly look freakish without a shirt on. Oh and not too mention just thinking about this shit makes me feel too depressed to actually do anything about it.

8. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not really confident in my looks. When I do get a compliment I get very embarrassed and not sure how to respond. Often wonder later if it was legit or picking on me.

9. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really. Well I don't think I'm unattractive, & I've been more insecure than I am now, but I'm nowhere near confident. I think there's features I'll always be self-conscious about.
    I'm just unsure on how to take compliments in general. lol I'll most likely not believe it anyway.

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite confident. Honestly, I think I was more self-indulgent when I was insecure about my looks.

I do not know a single person, who considers themselves attractive, who actually values their looks over their personality. Sadly, there are many on this site and elsewhere whose lack of self-esteem about their looks is more dominant in their perception of themselves than their personality.

As long as you exercise, eat well, be hygienic and dress in a way that pleases you, there's otherwise very little you can do. Do what you can and put up with the rest; it relieves a lot of that unreasonable sense of guilt and shame about your appearance. For a lot of people takes time and it's often hard to believe yourself when you're positive and confident, but eventually it works for many.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very mixed situation here - some people with great looks are less developed in the personality and intelligence departments. You'll see people like this in school and even in the workplace. Then, some people with great looks can also get into long-term relationships, stable careers, aren't flashy, and have decent personalities.

12. Theo Weiss

Not in the slightest..

13. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah, I shouldn't have generalized. I meant to say that good-looking people don't have it all, and we shouldn't have to feel envious of them. There are plenty of good-looking people who lack in some other department, and from my experience, it's the dull personality. If it's not the looks and the personality, it's the crappy career. If it's not the career, then it's the emotional baggage. There's just always something with people. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, basically.

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2015 at 08:03 PM ----------

Forgot to add: I do notice that people who weren't quite the looker throughout their grade school years tend to be the opposite. They now look absolutely stunning and have great personalities, but their insecurities about their appearance are still there.

I would seriously love to meet someone like that. I have never met someone that was completely happy with themselves.

#53 Steve FS, Dec 5, 2015
  14. lovetoomuch

I've found that we all have different flaws that cause us to be insecure. I would honestly not consider myself bad looking if wasn't for acne. I've struggled with it for 5 years and it is even harder when so many people around me have clear skin. I worry about it holding me back from pursuing people in the future or it even causing me to get rejected by a guy.

15. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes and no. Sometimes I think I look good, most times I think I'm average. I think other people find me average looking too, which basically means they don't think I'm ugly, but they aren't eyeballing me from across the room either. I've never had someone give me the signs they think I'm good looking, no one stares at me a lot, no one is extra friendly, the only times I've been complimented on my looks were from my moms friends calling me handsome.

16. BaldOldGoat

What's really the kicker here is that I can get wildly attracted to someone many folks would describe as "average looking" (or perhaps not even that). You never know ...

17. evfantasy

Well, it depends. The guy in me looks in the mirror and thinks "Eh, good enough. Could be worse." The girl in me however has low confidence. I'm sure my male 'parts' and body hair has something to do with that...

18. AnotherStranger

sometimes very confident, sometimes not at all. However, my looks are one of the few things Im sometimes confident about. Which sucks.

19. Rainbows~Exist

When I was in the closet and coming to terms with my sexuality and who I was as a person: no. I would try to fit in to the hetero world of dating and just felt ugly. Girls didn't find me attractive and I was too hung up on developing same sex crushes on guys :lol:

Now however, I am confident in my looks. Granted I do have moments where I feel ugly but overall I believe that I'm attractive. Coming out and dating guys or simply flirting with them really helped my confidence :slight_smile:

20. Distant Echo

No. I'm happier now that my hair is short, and I'm dressing differently now, but I don't have my photo taken. There isn't a selfie of me in existence. I go out of my way to avoid photos.