1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are you born gay/lesbian/bisexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Mar 20, 2013.

1. June Cleaver

I was born female and was 5 or 6 when I was told I had a male body. So I was born this way, I would never choose this male body over the correct female one. Having sex with guys just came natrually for me. The first guy I had sex with did not believe it was my first time and I was young. So tell him we were born this way. June

2. CountessAbby

People are born this way. 100%. Why anyone would doubt it just speaks of an uneducated and unintelligent mind...or an overly religious fanatical one. Who the hell would choose to be ostracized, prejudiced against and belittled...nobody in their right mind would "choose" to be gay. Only 10% of the population is going to be your choice in choosing a mate.... Its simply the way they are made. It makes life tremendously difficult and can sever family relationships. Yah...who wouldnt love that.?

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! I can't imagine why someone would choose to be a part of one of the most discriminated against groups ever. But I love the LGBT community and even if I could choose to be born another way, I wouldn't do it even if I were held at gunpoint. :slight_smile:

4. Formality

I really don't think this came after my birth. I have never had feelings for girls. I thought I did when I was a child, but that was only because my parents, teachers, relatives, everyone told me that that's how it was supposed to be. I knew I was gay always, deep down, I just didn't come to terms with it until about 1,5 years back.

5. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

I am 100% positive that I was indeed born gay. I know that because, even as a young kid, 5-6 years old, I had devastating (sexual) crushes on female teachers. I remember that after school,( I was about seven) I would come home, and my mother would ask if I saw a cute boy, or have a crush on one of them.

And I would be very uncomfortable, because I could never talk about my real and genuine girl crushes, and was always asked about boys. I was terrified of the things adults, and my peers used to say to me. Their definition of marriage and happiness were so foreign to what I really wanted. I felt trapped in the world were people,by the rule were attracted to the opposite sex.

All my childhood I felt isolated and alone, even though I always had bunch of friends, and I still feel like that to be completely honest. I once asked my neighbor, a biology teacher, are there people who are attracted to the same sex. We always had great conversations, but this one shaped me. She answered yes there are people like that.

I could hardly breath, but I somehow asked why are people attracted to the same sex.
    She said that they were probably probably molested as kids. LIE
    She said that homosexuality is a sexual deviancy and decease, and that homosexuals shouldn't be hated, but pitied. I never talked to her again, I refused to accept that my way of love is sick and to be pitied. And I was eight.

Didn't buy that then, and for certain won't start buying it now.:slight_smile:

6. MatthewJS

This is for.only gay and lesbian: were you ever attracted to the opposite gender?

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I sure as Hell didn't choose to be Trans* and did not choose to like girls, but rather discovered myself as life progressed. I'm sure I didn't develop my gender and sexuality "choices" after birth.

8. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the vast, vaaaast majority of LGBT folks are simply born that way. Whether that's because of a gay gene or something that happens in utero or some combination of the two, I dunno. For myself, I have no idea since I'm still ironing out the kinks, so to speak. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to look back and say I was born this way. :wink:

9. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the others have said you don't choose your sexuality. I didn't choose to be gay.

10. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    THIS!

You do not choose your sexuality; you choose when to come out.

11. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Definitely born. Its not a choice. The "choosing" is used incorrectly. You just "choose" when to accept yourself.

12. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    your so right!!!! i always thought that

13. Ianthe

Not really, but sometimes there were male friends that I was close to, and I thought that if they were interested in me, I would go out with them, and that would be okay. I believed at the time that this was the same thing as "liking" them. But it wasn't.

14. Capichino

15. LoveMusicPoetry

Born with it. I've tried being the other way, if it was a choice, I chose that one. It didn't work. I don't think you can choose who you are sexually attracted to, it seems to be completely involuntary. How many times have we all fallen for someone completely inappropriate. Given the choice, I don't suppose any of us would choose to be in love with someone we can't have, or that treats us like shit. I am starting to accept who I am now, but most of that has to do with the fact that it's nice to finally have an answer as to what was wrong with me all these years regarding my relationship with men. I'd rather not have to have all this upheaval, break up my family, take my son away from his dad and break my husband's heart. Looks like I am left with no other choice though.

---------- Post added 21st Mar 2013 at 01:06 AM ----------

I tried to be. I never really was though, not in a physical or sexual way. I didn't know what real attraction was until I allowed myself to think about women in that way. I'm discovering a whole new side to myself that I never even knew existed.

16. Beware Of You

Born this way. I did try it with a girl, I couldn't even get it up for her, which was awkward. If I was a choice, couldn't I just become attracted to a girl if I suddenly chose to be heterosexual

That confirmed to me that I must be gay, I have always been gay. Not once have I ever had an attraction to a girl

17. leer

born gay and am proud of who I am

18. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I did have a choice, I'd probably have picked asexual anyway - makes my life a lot easier, particularly since I'm a survivor of sexual abuse. I remember when I was younger I was terrified of the thought of developing attraction to others and having to deal with wanting something that terrified me so much.

But I didn't have any choice in the matter. I just realized, gradually over time, that I wasn't feeling any of the feelings others describe to me as sexual feelings. I don't know how I could have chosen this - I don't think non-asexuals chose to start feeling attracted to other people.

Look at it on the good side - at least your friend doesn't seem to think choosing to be non-heterosexual is a bad thing.

19. Brenny

Well I didn't "choose" pink to be my favorite color when I was 4. It just was. I was drawn to it. The same cab be said about guys. I did everything I could to ignore it and work against it. I thought my "choice" was working... But after so many years you realize that you can't fight biology. It is there inside you. How would you cause such a thing if it is "unnatural"??!! Being asked this question in person was one of the most infuriating and stupid things I was ever asked.

20. FruitFly

I lean towards believing that who we have sex with is a choice, but our sexual attraction is something that is part of us. Whether it is part of our genetic makeup or an aspect of ourselves that develops as we age it is what it is.

Excluding for the moment those whose orientation leads them to having a "choice" when it comes to their sexuality, an area which can cause confusion in regards to sexual orientation being a choice is that of individuals for whom their orientation is secondary to sexual stimulation. People who are perfectly happy being sexually stimulated/sexually stimulating those outside of their orientation due to how they view sex.

However as someone else mentioned, if your sexuality is the kind where gender is nearly/completely irrelevant, you're perfectly happy sticking your flag in one particular camp and making the active decision to be a certain orientation then you do have a choice. If you are that way inclined then you can forget that just as your genetic makeup/development allowed you the freedom to make that choice that possibility just does not exist for others.

It amuses me more than anything really. Though maybe it amuses me because I'm someone who tends to think the only difference gender makes within my relationships is in the sex, and even that difference is rather minimal at times.