1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Mini

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tinkergeek, May 19, 2005.

1. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

I know most of us are teenagers, but do any of you own an Apple Mini? Or anyother Apple computer? (Apple's last creation to steal people from the grasps of Microsoft.)

I'm thinking about buying one to replace my aging desktop and to try OS X.

2. goratrix

Fin thre truth! come to the light! Linux is the answer to your problems! And so just you know, microsoft owns apple...

3. hawkeye

dont own a mac myself, but the apple mini looks pretty cool. And goratrix, we both know that linix could easily get put onto an apple computer.

4. goratrix

Yes, but compatibility is always an issue with PPC, and not with ix86. And cost is an issue as well.

5. nisomer

i have a powerbook...

6. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Hmmm, I run Ubuntu on my desktop and laptop. I run a Slackware box as my network router. On my Sparc hardware, I run Debian and NetBSD (file server and play thing). I want to play with OS X since it is based on a microkernel and all that goodness.

The Mac Mini may get an install of a BSD or Linux, but I really want to play with OS X and PPC hardware. Since, there is no one solution for every problem. I even find Windows can solve problems! (Like when my day is getting boring, never fear! A relative comes running to my house with a Winblows machine in tow!)

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a Mac Mini to play with at work. OS X is awesome. I would totally recommend a Mini. I'm dying for a mid-size Powerbook even though I've never owned my own Mac. I just don't have the $3000 for it but if I go to grad school as I'm planning, I'm totally going to go even further into debt to get one.

8. cowboy_wannabe

i love my mac! it's something that no pc user will ever understand, but i absolutely love my lil' ibook with all my heart :slight_smile: