1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apologizing for expressing myself?????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am just curious of something that I feel still upsets me since I dreamed about it. Last year, I had a friend who I was a little hesitant in being friends with in the beginning. She would push me to be friends and I didn't want to due to idk I just had a gut feeling that it wouldn't be a good thing. However, once we no longer worked together I said well I have to give people chances so I gave her a chance. I started hanging out with her and I thought she was idk just a new person to get to know. We started to hang out alot and the she would bring her friends while I brought my friends. Anyways, as time went on I felt that maybe I should hang out with her less simply because I was starting to see her as more than a friend, however I never crossed the line. One day, I invited her out since she was having a bad day and I thought it would cheer her up if she went with my friends and I somewhere. She asked me to pick her up which I was nervous about, but I did. We got out of the car to start walking to where my friends were and then I heard her saying stop trying to hold my hand. I informed her I wasn't and I just felt awkward after that. The following day I asked her if I could speak to her about the night before; she said sure. I informed her how I felt a little uncomfortable and surprised when she made the comment of me not holding her hand. I even explained that my experiences in the past could contribute to why I feel this way now about comments. Once I expressed this she said she always said that and then blurted that she doesn't feel she can be herself around me and she felt I was judging her. So as I am trying to express myself I feel attacked by her statements due to it coming out of nowhere. In the end, I apologized for how I made her feel, but never felt she really acknowledged what I said in the beginning of the conversation. Overall, I didn't feel like anything got resolved and in the end I got more distant, but in a way still hanging out with her (whiich I think wasn't good to do)

Overall, I talked to her again and the friendship ended even after trying to resolve it with her. My point is how do I get over this. This happened last year, yet it stills bugs me. I already emailed her last year apologizing for my part in the events; nothing back besides she's done. Overall, I think my gut was right and that's what upsets me most; not following my gut and hating myself for it. In the end, I learned that I apologize for things that I feel and I don't like that part of myself.