1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone's not interested in the whole SJW/anti-SJW thing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flowey, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Flowey

I used to be once, but now I'm no longer interested in it, just the same old drama being played again and again, oponents rehearsing their talking points. Well, I never have much emotional investment to begin with. Whatever happens, honest doesn't affect my life in any significant way. Now my Youtube channel is full of puppies/kittens, ballet, German videos recommendations.

2. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a fucking SJW. But I guess I am, since I don't like it when people bash people who are SJW.

How the fuck are you gonna be LGBT, and not stand up for social injustice?

Why do you hate people who are SJW. There is a lot of injustice and racism and homophobia. Now more than fucking ever sadly.

Ugh fuck.

#2 Suomi, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never was it said that flowey hates SJWs, they just said that they are sick of the political extremes. Calm down, Suomi

#3 AbsoluteNerd, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in social justice, but I hate the SJW's on tumblr because they go way too far.

I don't waste energy on it either. I avoid that kind of thing completely nowadays...I only use Tumblr for fandom posts.

#4 Creativemind, Nov 27, 2017
  5. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I don't give a shit, and I think most people in real life feel the same way (correct me if I'm wrong, or is it an american thing?) I always saw it as one of those Internet things.

6. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never been around the whole SJW thing online. I think social justice is great if you're getting out there and making a change in our world. If you're only debating or arguing with people online, then it's a waste of energy and becomes an echo chamber.

7. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Social justice and being good to each other isnt bad in itself but the majority of SJWs I've ran into will start fights where there wasn't a fight at previously and didn't need to be a fight because things were already good beforehand. They may do it with good intentions but just because you may have good intentions, that doesn't mean you're exempt and innocent from doing way more harm than good.

#7 kibou97, Nov 27, 2017
  8. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Too stressful.

And in the way of politics, I think a balance of social justice and economic efficiency is possible.

9. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I tried to be open minded towards it, but I really dislike how deep the manipulation and string-pulling goes with SJW type stuff. Plus most of them don't realize they are being used as chess pieces in games of power struggles and always think they are acting independently and are "thinking for themselves."

What I mean is, who decides what the current social justice issue of the week is that everyone suddenly supports? How does everyone suddenly get bored with one issue and move onto another in a short time frame over and over again? Sometimes it's race, sometimes it's feminism, sometimes it's LGBT stuff etc. but the main focus of it never stays in one place long enough to actually accomplish anything.

It just gets thrown back and forth between whichever topic those with power want it to be at the moment for their own personal benefit. A minority Senator is up for re-election? Let's talk about racial injustice non-stop for a month and listen to him tell people how bad it is and how he will fix it. But wait, now that he won, screw racial injustice we need to instead focus on women's rights because some female leader is trying to get famous too and suddenly needs support. It just continues like that forever bouncing between topics and doing nothing at all to improve any of them.

10. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't care about them. I was just making a broad statement.

I never said anybody hated SJW.

I'm just saying SJW are people which in my perspective have my support. Get this, I'm not even an SJW, I'm just me.

#10 Suomi, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017