1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have a massive amount of stuffed animals as a kid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kai LD, Aug 22, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

I had an army of stuffed animals! So many toys. Every night, I would move every last one onto my bed for "ammo" to throw at monsters and bad guys. Obviously, it never came to that, but I always felt safer the more toys I had with me at night. My favourite was a baby with an octopus hood that I called Octy-head, until I got my moose. My moose is now my favorite, and I keep him with me at night to this day. Not for ammo, though, he's mostly a pillow. Like this bigass tiger I used to have before it was stolen by this kid in an aggressive "me" phase. Spoiled brat. Step on my food, will you???? Catsup on my eggs after I said no... Bastard...

2. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

YES! I literally had several garbage bags full! I still have a whole garbage bag full of them in the basement. :lol: Thank you for making this thread... It makes me feel so much less weird :lol:

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2014 at 09:35 PM ----------

I probably had around 200 at one point too! :lol:

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2014 at 09:38 PM ----------

I actually carried around my favourite stuffed bear everywhere I went until I was 9 or 10, too old I know. I didn't have many friends until I moved schools in grade five, and my stuffed animals were my main source of company. :icon_redf

3. Polterpup

Oh my GOD, YES! And I still can't see the floor in my room because of them! Well, that, video games, and clothes...but you get the point. And I still sleep with one in hand. Charmer. My pink and white (very faded) unicorn. Now I call him a twonicorn...his horn kinda split down the middle after years of chewing on it...don't judge me, I got him was I was three. XD But, yeah, I stopped taking him everywhere I went at maybe about age eight or nine. Possibly even ten...my memory fails me. Oh, and he has two brothers and a sister! Ya see, I have three of the same plushes (one in perfect condition, one just a little worn, and then the original...) so three Charmers...and a purple female unicorn, Charmed. *sigh* I really wanna watch TV with Charmer now...

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I had a few.

But the only one that really had any sentimental value, was a [primarily] maroon-colored with a white tummy, and black tail-stripes, raccoon. It had a little black bowtie as well.

I called him Raccoon. I know, real original. But, no other named seem to fit, so that is what I kept it as. He didn't seem to mind.

The earliest I remember having this raccoon, was at about 7 or 8, about the time my mother remarried, and I obtained a stepfather. While I didn't take Raccoon out with me, in general public (like school), I'd always take him along to camping trips, family events, and sometimes outside, to just hang around. I tended to just vent to him, and he'd just sit there, silly little smile on his face. Even when I was going through a very destructive phase in my life, I was rarely harsh with Raccoon. The closest I ever got to being harsh with him, was, in how I vented. I might curse and yell.

The combination of all this, naturally, developed a kind of bond with him. Even as I was getting older, I always had Raccoon sit atop my bed. When I'd go to sleep, I'd place him in a Ramen noodle box, which was his bed when I was sleeping. Sometimes, if I was worried or pissed, I'd just ramble softly in the dark, and hoped Raccoon was awake, and listening.

When I was 13, we moved. My stepfather lived in a trailer, so, that was quite the ordeal to move it. As we were preparing everything that week, I had packed pretty much everything into boxes, or my backpack (which had a few of my gizmos and gadgets, to entertain me), except Raccoon. I had set him off to the corner of my room, out of the way, and now had to decide what to do. I couldn't fit him into my backpack, because it had too much stuff in it. I decided, to put him in a box with some wash clothes and towels, figuring, it was soft in there, he could take a nap. So, I picked Raccoon up and told him, 'have fun', and that was that.

After we had moved, and were beginning to unpack things, I noticed that the box I had put Raccoon in was not there. I started asking about it, and nobody knew. We finally concluded, somewhere along the way, the box must have tipped over and out of the pick up truck. Since it was about a 30 minute drive, I figured I could go back and find him. So, taking my stepfather's four-wheeler keys, I rode down the road we traveled and looked along the sides of it. But after a while, I was unable to find it, or Raccoon. I remember riding back, very sad, very pissed.

Over time, I've gotten over it. Well, almost. As ridiculous as this is going to sound, I feel like I let Raccoon down. I also imagine, more so back then than I do now, that he was flung off somewhere, alone, confused, and drenched in mud and rain, holding out hope that, soon, very soon, I'll find him and take him back. Even though I know, he's just a stuffed animal, the bond was significant enough, that it pierced me.

Dear God, I'm terribly sappy!

5. ThePrideInside4

Yup. Still do! :laugh: :icon_redf

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh Kaiser I feel the same way about a few of mine. But I was already having it suggested that I should get rid of them. Sigh. :icon_sad:frowning2:*hug*)

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I did I named them all and I would pretend I was a teacher and would teach them ,sometimes I just pretended they were my kids I only have about 3 kids , I had so many I ran out of room to keep them . My dad made me give them away when I was 12 at that time ; It was heart breaking . :tears:

8. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had so many, mostly beanie baby, but still, to many to count :lol:

But, I'd say the one I held/hold dearest to me is named "Pinky Baby" it's pretty much just a little pink stuffed girl, I got her when I was three and still keep her on my bed to this day, and even though it's just a stuffed animal or doll, it really helped me get through some hard times

9. Thedistra

I had many, lots of beanie babies as well. I often set them up all around my bed. I thought they would protect me. It actually worked rather well, lowered my fear.
    Never was much of a cuddlier with them.

Now that I think about it once I got a dog of my own I no longer did the whole bed protection thing. I may of even started doing it again after my pup(s) died as well. I guess I just needed some sort of being there to feel safer.

Dudley the dragon was my all time favorite. He was eaten by mice after a pest incident. My parents eventually ran into another one just like him at a yard sale and got it for me, it just wasn't the same.

10. Fallensun21372

I have like. 20 my fav is slush I had him since I was born

11. Intoxicating

Intoxicating Guest

I had this stuffed animal that was a pink cat and she had these colorful braids on her head and tail. I named her kitty(I Know, how original.:dry:slight_smile: But Whenever I got scared at night, whenever I was angry or crying I'd always hug her and I'd feel just a little bit safe and secure. I still have her actually.

12. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was in my childhood bedroom I had the bed full of stuffed animals, I would name them and play with them often. When I started to go to pre-school I would take my fave one (a rabbit with the rainbow colours) to the class, but I would make my mom to bring it back home because I didn't want the bunny to get hurt since I feared I would be mocked for bringing a toy and more after I brought another toy once and the kids broke it -not beign mean but because not beign careful, I would never understood why kids would break their toys-.
    When I was a baby I couldn't sleep if I didn't had my toy which I named after my younger cousin at the time -not this rabbit but a doll one-.
    Then in the first primary school years my favourite one was another rabbit from nesquick I remember I'd bring it everywhere at night, it was like a little brother to me?
    Then I got to a bigger room and for some reason I didn't want the stuffed animals anymore, I stayed playing with Playmobils instead. I still have the second bunny and the doll, I wonder where the first bunny would be.
    Did I made it adorable?

13. TurtleCat

I loved stuffed animals and still do. I don't play with them anymore, of course, but I enjoy collecting them. My favorite are stuffed cats.

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister and I probably had over 300 or so Beanie Babies by the time we had "grown up." It was our primary method of "playing."

Oddly, and for whatever reason (probably because we watched it constantly :wink:), we modeled our "play" after Dragonball/Dragonball Z. That's right, DBZ Beanie Babies. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

God we are such an eccentric family. :lol:

15. LadyRedRover

I know I did! My favorite one was Copper though, who was a stuffed dog. He started off with a collar but I cut it off because 'it didn't look like he could breathe' :slight_smile:

There was one funny story with him, though I can't remember it. Apparently, my family and I were travelling and I accidently left Copper in the hotel room. We had driven 50 miles before I realized that I'd left my dear friend behind. I started crying and saying that 'we couldn't leave Copper all by himself!' My dad felt so bad for me that he drove all the way back and retrieved him :slight_smile: He said that our reunion was the most precious thing he'd ever seen :lol:

Also, I would get all of my stuffed animals gathered on my bed(with Copper at the front) and preach sermons to them. I would have a communion of animal crackers and juice, a hymn service, the whole bit :slight_smile: My mom was a bit upset when she found out I was baptizing them though...

16. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome. :slight_smile:
    That sounds adorable to the max. :lol:

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I had a stuffed turtle named Mr. Turtle. I thought of him like he was another person.

18. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Does anyone STILL buy stuffed animals?

19. the haunted

Yes, so many! I love stuffed animals. I was pretty pro at crane machines back in the day, so I won a lot at arcades.

I didn't really sleep with them all the time, but they most definitely had names and personalities. My favorite stuffed animal was this husky named Alaska. I don't know where he is these days and I really wish I did :frowning2:

One year for Christmas i told my parents I wanted a blue bear in a blue box wrapped with a blue bow. And they did it! :grin:

20. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    23rd birthday I directed my mom to order , essentially, a $40 stuffed animal (3d Kick the Cheat that protests forcefully when kicked). One of the best gifts I ever got and I gave it to others that like it as well.