1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else hate their free time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miiaaaaa, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Yep, I've become increasing more irritated the longer my summer vacation has run its course; I'm more eager than most students are to get back to university. I miss school, I miss learning, I miss making progress towards my major/degree and having deadlines. I actually miss being stressed out, because I personally prefer having something to worry about rather than not having to worry at all.

I only enjoy free time if it's a well-deserved break, but anything surpassing two or three weeks just becomes time for me to be lazy and feel awful for not doing anything productive.

2. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really have a lot of free time, but when I do, I like to pursue interests such as photography, blogging, cooking, reading, gaming, etc. There are a lot of things that interest me, but there's so little time and money. Maybe you could consider enrolling in an art or recreational class at a local art or community centre or something, if something like that appeals to you. :slight_smile:

3. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

^^ Ditto. I hate free time because it allows me to think, and that's not good.

4. Thranduil

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I try to read scientific articles, mostly psychology, which is my study too so I'm kind of a nerd I guess. :grin: I am on holiday for three weeks now because our fall season is finished as well as final exams and I'm sad because I was going to the conferences, symposiums with my university friends. It feels great when I spend my time to develop myself. Well, I really don't feel comfortable when I do nothing but playing video games etc. only so I want my time to be valuable. By the way, I'm addicted to World of Warcraft recently but it makes me mad when I realize how much time I wasted on it. Every minute is precious to me and all activities should have some time limits.

5. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hate it but love it too..too much free time alone invites bad habits and negative thoughts..

6. Emmanuella

I go through cycles.. sometimes, i hate having even the smallest bit of free time. Like last year for example: I was doing doing an intership as a student teacher during the day. Then I would work my regular job in the early evenings, then tutor after that a few times a week. With such long days, you would think I valued my free time, but NOPE. I always felt like I needed to do something. I would become bored easily. Now that I've sort of taken a break from the crazy business, I'm really enjoying having as much free time as possible... THAT being said, I still feel better if it's spent doing something at least semi-productive. Like reading a book or baking something.... or you know, PLAYING THE SIMS (you can't get more productive than building 2 beautiful houses a day, right?!)

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2015 at 07:52 AM ----------

this too.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy learning random things far too much to dislike any free time I can get.

8. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I love my free time and value it above almost anything else, so I can -never- quite get enough of it.

9. Quiet Raven

I love free time. But only when it isn't all I have. For a few a years I had no job or anything. And I absolutely hated it. But now that I have work, even if it is only part time, I do enjoy my free time.

I'll usually spend it either playing video games, watching YouTube videos, of talking on here.

10. tulman

I wish I had more free time to hate. Still working at 70 but not nearly as hard as I used to. I'm as busy as I want to be. Retirement might be nice but the orders still come in and it would be foolish to walk away from the income. Besides I don't play golf and TV generally suks.

11. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I'm really inconsistent with regards to free time:
    When I have deadlines in the near future, I always feel I have to little free time, but then when it's the summer holidays or something I will start getting bored and frustrated after a couple of days, especially if I can't find a friend to spend the time with.