1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else going to/already attended a PTX 2016 world tour concert?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Spoopy Monster, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Spoopy Monster

So I just bought my ticket for a PTX concert here in Ohio on October 30th. Pentatonix is stopping here on my birthday!! That's gotta be fate, right? :grin:
    Anyway, anyone else seen them already or is waiting to see them on the 2016 tour? Or, ya know, even seen them before on a previous tour?
    Idk, just curious :slight_smile:
    (If you don't know them, they're a world-famous A capella group. You should look them up, they're pretty amazing :thumbsup: )

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seen them twice. Once at the very beginning (first night) of their first major solo tour (the On The Way Home tour), and once on a double bill with Kelly Clarkson.

They're amazing, and one of the things I really appreciate is that they are authentic; they don't use pitch correction or pitch modification. Anyone can do 5 part harmony with pitch correction. To do it, razor sharp, without any correction takes real, incredible talent. And they were on it. (The way I know they weren't using pitch correction is... they weren't perfect, and you could hear the occasional imperfection.)

They are great performers, put on a great show, and seem to genuinely love and appreciate their audience. You'll have a fantastic time!

Have you seen the new video of PTX and Dolly Parton doing her song Jolene? Chills.

3. Spoopy Monster

Lol, no. I haven't, but now I've definitely got to look it up. Thx :smilewave

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

My best friend who first showed them to me has been humming that song all week now

I really got to agree with Chip it's simply amazing that they don't modify their voices especially with how the music industry is these days.
    Plus they are really awesome nice and talented people that really seem like they do it for the music not for the fame.