1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else feel sick when they go to church?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GeckoLove, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, me. Going into a church/worship service can set off a bad anxiety attack. Talking about Christianity being up a lot of negative feelings. I was brought up in a conservative Christian family, and I used to believe, but after having my own parents treat me like shit I can’t go near any of this stuff. And the more I think about the concept of God, and Jesus... the less sense it all makes. I’m agnostic now. It kind of makes me sad because thinking about God used to make me feel so good. I guess I lost my innocence.

2. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :/ That's tough. I used to play a horrible game when I was younger... Lost all my innocence and a close friend, but hey, it also made me realize that thinking other girls are pretty and turning red when I looked at them wasn't a normal "straight girl" thing. Religious beliefs is a huge argument in my house, so thinking and talking about is pretty unpleasant too. And parents can just be a$$holes. According to mine I'm going nowhere in life -_- I guess the only thing to do is ignore them if you can. It's not easy.

3. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it’s not easy, and unfortunately most of us are wired to want some kind of approval/love/acceptance from our parents. According to mine, I’m going to hell (which is kind of amusing when I think about the number of times I’ve heard the phrase “God loves us all” growing up). Oh well. Nothing can be done other than do our best to move on and live the best life we can. Take care.

4. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your definitely NOT going to hell. In my opinion, God's "wrath" (Idk) is being overused. Take care as well.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sick, but I always feel extremely uncomfortable aha

Andrew99 likes this.
  6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same. Although I only go to church for weddings/funerals etc.

I also feel uncomfortable when I’m in the presence of a very religious persons house that has crosses all over it.

7. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry I never responded, been super busy, but yeah :/ I've haven't been to church since (thank God for softball) so I still don't know if it was just that one time, or... Idk

8. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am agnostic and I actually like the idea of having a higher power to care for us. Being lgbt+ is indeed part of nature that came to exist. It's ridiculous when millions of ignorant people are beliving it to be sinful. Religious leaders often use lgbt people as a common enemy so they can keep their group stronger. Nothing wrong with religion itself, it's just that people can do cruel things.

So for me, I am much more repulsed by (homophobic) people in it, rather than the place. My great aunt is an exmaple. She is a devout Christian who nagged me to get a boyfriend so I could get married straight after college, on a first day I met her. I would love to come out just to see her getting a seizure...

9. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, love the thing about your aunt. That does make a lot of sense, about it being the people and not the actual religion. I am a very stubborn person and I try my best not to let anybody tell me what to do. Maybe that's why I just can't seem to I don't know, believe or agree with the church because I'm so conflicted in my own mindset

Nightlight likes this.
  10. Steve65

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was raised a staunch Catholic and attended mass every weekend until the age of 30. My beliefs have done a 180 and I am at the age where I can politely refuse to go to any religious service (except funerals, weddings). What I do or don't believe is no one's business. I can't tell you how FREEING it was to be able to say no thank you, I'll pass

11. GeckoLove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, thankfully we haven't been to church in a long long time, so that's good. I'm just waiting for the day when I leave this house.