1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else experienced this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jmiller85, May 30, 2018.

1. Jmiller85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So for a long time I questioned my sexuality... I finally came to the conclusion that I am gay which wasn't easy. For about the last year or so I have been hiding it from literally everyone. I have a friend with benefits/not super serious that I have met, and regularly hook up with.

This is the difficult part. The sex is amazing, I can not begin to compare it to my experience with girls. But at the same time it bothers me that we are doing this. That I keep taking part in it, that I hide it etc... it just feels wrong.

I am not a religious guy, but I feel like sex was made for reproduction. What I am doing is not that. At the same time it is fun and I enjoy it. Just my thoughts.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Humans have a tendency to try to label things, put things in a box, figure out a function for every object they come across.

But nature is just that - NATURE! Nature doesn't label. Nature just IS.

Who's to say that sex is only for reproduction? Why feel wrong about getting pleasure for something harmless? If you enjoy doing something and you're not hurting anyone or yourself, then do it. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that.

3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If sex is just for reproduction then there would be a mating season. For whatever reason sex was made to enjoy.

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    jmiller85

I wonder if you feel that gay sex is "un-natural"? Maybe still some lingering internalized homophobia here? Sex between two men, or between two women, is every bit as valid, and as natural as sex between a man and a woman. We don't know what nature intended when it made us what we are. But, we know it is at the core of who we are. The expression of our sexuality through sex is a beautiful thing.

There are benefits of sex that extend beyond reproduction for opposite sex couples. These include maintaining intimacy and vulnerability. Sex can be lots of things. It can be about sharing, or bonding, an expression of love, an expression of lust. yep and one can get pregnant too.

Just enjoy yourself and give of yourself.

5. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Frankly, a lot of the sex I have had with women couldn’t possibly cause reproduction either. I don’t concern myself with that