1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone a photographer?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dbl D, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Dbl D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let’s talk gear and style!!!

I shoot a canon 70D with a 50mm f2.8 and a 24-70mm f2.8

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a moderate interest in photography. I only have a standard digital camera, not even sure what brand or type. I like taking pictures, though I haven't really done much lately. The only types of photos I'm really good at are outdoor, daytime, still-life.

3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use my phone quite a bit. However the wife and I have a nice Nikon Coolpix L820 that serves us really well. Actually I use it a fair bit to record video for YouTube videos unless I want slowmo shots than I use a GoPro Hero Session since it shoots at 60fps.

I generally shoot vehicles at car shows and such so I don't need something really fancy. My wife sticks to nature photography and our dog. Who I also take a fair amount of pictures of.

4. Ten

Ten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I use a Canon Rebel DSLR and do semi-professional photography. It’s not the fanciest equipment, but it works well and I like that I’m able to sell prints at art shows.

5. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a Canon M50 mirrorless camera. I had the internal IR filter removed so that I can take pictures of my lasers ^.^
    I've been wanting to get a macro lens so that I can take better pictures of small things, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. There's only one available from cannon for mirrorless cameras.

6. Dbl D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’d like to see the pics from the lasers....

#6 Dbl D, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2019
  7. AutismCay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a photographer who uses AI filters to make mine look like paintings.

#7 AutismCay, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  8. Ryu

Ryu

Back in the 90s my dad was a photojournalist so I've always had cameras around the house and had an interest in them, with his Nikon F2 and F4 sitting in a display cabinet, and as a kid I always looked up at them and admired them as things of beauty. After a while I needed up asking if I could borrow his camera, a D200, and started shooting on that. I'd always take it out when I went out with my friends during summer so I'd have memories of it, but really I wanted to shoot film like he did. I got a pentax P30T from one of my nans friends, but the shutter wouldn't always cock, so I'd only get about 20 shots from a 36 exposure roll, so I started using my sisters godmothers dad's old Minolta, which I took to Russia earlier this week, and am yet to get the 4 rolls I shot developed. That camera kind of took a lot of the fun out of shooting film though in my opinion, as shooting on anything other than program was awfully complicated, being a consumer grade camera from the late 90s, program was all most people were really using.
    While in Russia though I managed to get a camera I've wanted for a while. Some time last year I found a Kiev 4 in an antique shop for about 70 quid, and as I had wanted to try a rangefinder for a while had my eyes set on it. Unfortunately, by the time I had the money it was gone, so I stuck with what I had. While I was in Russia though, I managed to find one for 1000 ubles, or about 12 quid, and honestly I still can't believe my luck. It needs some work, I've given it a good clean, the longer shutter speeds aren't exactly consistent but really I'm not gonna shoot last 1/25 because I don't really use tripods, but I'm very excited to be shooting full manual and properly get into the nitty gritty of film.
    Because I've only really been shooting film for about a year now I haven't really settled on one film stock, I've ran quite a lot of colorplus and ultramax through my pentax because that's all that's really available where I live, but when I can be bothered ill order a few rolls of something more exciting. Really with my Kiev I want to shoot more black and white, but so far I've only shot one roll of hp5, so I want to experiment a bit more.
    I'd also really like to get into medium format, especially for portraits, but don't really have the money. Even shooting 35mm portra is bloody expensive and I don't know if its something I'm quite ready to put the investment into, but I'm sure I will at some point.

9. Loves books

I have what is apparently called a bridge camera. It’s several years old and I rarely use it however my iPad is full of photos. I bought a printer especially to print them and I have albums full of photos. I take a lot of landscape photos but it tends to all look the same, especially from where I live. Almost any direction I point a camera is a mountain covered in green fields. Ireland is known as the Emerald Isle. I have a lot of family photos and I have some amazing sunsets I literally see from my bedroom window. I plan to take a lot of photos this summer when sunbeams hit the mountains. Currently it’s been raining every day for a least a week, probably all winter. The sky is all grey and has been for months.

10. larkmary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice, are they L series lenses? I have the 1ds Mark II and the 1 ds mark III and alot of L series lenses my favorite is the Canon EF 85 mm f/1.2 it takes fabulous shots and what a piece of glass ! my friend had taken shots with it when my ex was cutting off my hair and the scissors with my hair laying in between the cutting blades and the lens has a fabulous macros effect on. zoom right in on the hair and scissors and blurs that background right out.

#10 larkmary, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  11. Ryu

Ryu

The idea of actually having new lenses, let alone good ones like L series lenses is just sooo out of my budget, I don't think I actually own any glass made past 1990 lol. My nicest lenses are my dads AI-S Nikon lenses, a 50mm 1.8 and a 24mm 2.8, killer lenses.
    I'm split between what lens I should get next, cos I'm dying for an 85mm and a 35mm.

12. Marble Jar

Marble Jar Guest

I just use a compact. I like to take photos of nature, especially little details. Haven't done any photography for ages now though. Think i lost my mojo a bit.