1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody get angry at their crush??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 2Scoopzz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. 2Scoopzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Plz tell me I'm not the only one who gets angry at their crush simply because I know I'll never be able to have them so I get mad at them as if it's their fault?! lol what can I do to fight it?? My crush told me today that I'm not a sweet person when I am but I just can't tell them why I'm not particularly sweet to them?! Crazy ain't it??

2. iiimee

:/ If your crush is mean to you, my advice is to hate them with your gut and forget about them. I know it's hard, but to me I think unrequited love is stupid. I don't crush on people though, so idk :/

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have with one crush I feel this anger towards her but after what she did I man right to feel that way . I don't care anymore though .

4. Blossom85

I get annoyed at my crush when he doesn't seem to understand my needs. He needs time and space away from things and a chance to get better and I understand that and respect it.. He either doesn't understand or doesn't care that my needs are different and I need to feel closer and talk to him and know he is okay... I am always quite sweet to him though, I may be too much of a push over when it comes to my crush cause I want him to see my good and sweet side, not my bitchy and mean side, not that it will change anything, but I prefer to show the people I like my best side, so I am a little unsure why you would treat your crush like that.. I think it would push your crush away further from you, I know it's not a good feeling knowing you aren't ever going to get your crush but I would rather be close friends with my crush then know I pushed him away from treating him badly.

5. Ashley2103

I usually have a reason if I hate my crush. Otherwise, I don't really get angry at my crush for no reason. I can hate the person she is with though. Because I get all like "Really, she wants to be with an arrogant douchebag? I hate arrogant douchebags." Oh wait, that's just the men around here in general. I mean if the dude isn't arrogant, then I don't hate him, I'm just like "it's fair you are with her."

6. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I don't, but I rarely feel angry. I can feel annoyed, but my crush has not made me feel annoyed yet. :icon_bigg

7. shinji

shinji Guest

Projecting your own fears and insecurities onto the person you love, typical stuff... You can try to avoid it, but it's much more productive to just, learn to deal with it, by realizing what causes it. Sometimes, a bit of drama is not necessarily a bad thing.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

At worst, I'll be slightly agitated. It's human nature to be.

But after a little bit, I tend to shake it off. It's pointless to get angry at a crush -- especially if said crush, does not know you even like them. If said crush knows you like them, and they are still a crush, it seems futile to be angry with them, here, too...

People, in general, don't handle stress or rejection very well -- both of which, can come from a crush. For me, I can handle the stress aspect. I've been doing this for a little over 28 years. But the rejection-part, well, that's a chip in the armor of confidence -- and for several individuals, that armor is paper-thin, a.k.a., a little too close to our vulnerability.

Usually what leads to my slight agitation is, the being humbled. The average individual, if told no to something they want, will throw a temper tantrum or become argumentative. Some folks, if told no to something they want, will shed their skins and reveal their ugly, venomous, but true selves. And a small but mature percentage, just shake their heads, maybe ask why, accept, and move on.

For me... I don't like my ego being checked. That is something I have struggled with, quite a bit. I'll want to know why, definitely, but after that, I go about my business. But inside, I'll be analyzing and preparing as best I can, to avoid another 'worse case scenario' -- this can take a while, and may be a significant reason for my being single. I like to know what is well received and not-so-well received, about me, from another.

Long story made short: I might get agitated for a little bit, but I get over it. Some folks handle stress and/or rejection well, and some do not. Some people can accept things better than others, too. My extreme confidence doesn't like to be humbled, but it has been and can be; this is why I am where I am. I like to know what works and what does not work, about me.

9. xplodingpassion

yes i had a huge crush on this one guy (still do actually), found out someone i work with knows him and got in touch with him that way. We had a conversation through txt message that seem to go well, the next day he told me he had a bf but honestly i got the impression he just didnt like me, i was angry and heartbroken )=

10. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happens to me too, you are not the only one.

When I think about that person alot and, in the back of my mind I KNOW I can't have them, I suppress that knowing for a while and enjoy liking a person, I do not want to know I can not be with them. And then they say something rude, and those suppressed feelings come out. I even pushed my crush one time because she was trying to touch me and annoy me and, I just couldn't....

11. rmds

Yeah I feel like this is more common than you think. It probably comes from a subconscious knowing that you can't have them... or can't tell them how you feel... etc. My friend (who I like) and I have been going through an off and on rough patch for months now, and I'm convinced it has to do with repressed feelings. Definitely on my side, and I suspect maybe on hers, too.

12. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My crush? No my girlfriend? Yes! And considering everything that's been going on I'm not even sure if were still going out and will probably never find out considering I haven't heard anything from her in two days

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't maintain a crush on someone who is mean or a jerk. Sure, I can sexually be attracted to jerks/douchebags, but when it comes to a serious crush, I always fall for the gentlemen.

14. CrazyAwkward

Angry? Naw! Just annoyed and frustrated sometimes. Luckily I don't get crushes very often though.

15. im trying

i do. im currently so mad at my crush. He has been ignoring me and when i ignred him he got all mad. Then we were gonna talk after school but instead he talked to this girl who likes him and ignored me and im so done with it. But i cant let go. I really care for him. He doesn't know tho. But he wouldn't date me, he would date the girl who likes him because she is prettier and athletic and closer with him i guess. but tomorrow im gonna give him this note and kinda make him feel bad for how he treated me. I cant sleep because i want to text him but its late, he doesn't have a phone just an ipad, im grounded, suppose to be asleep, and my phone is broken. He only cares when i treat him how he does me and doesn't see it. He used to call me "baby" in like a joke but i still like him. And i cant just ignore him forever were going to the same high school next year, are locker are right next to each other and we see each other like 9 times between and during classes. I'm also close with his friend who i told my crush i liked last year because everyone kept saying i still liked this guy when i didn't. but me and his friend are cool and we have this "game" thing me and all are friends do but he thinks i used to like me but its not like that and were cool and yeah. but idk my friend when i said i liked him she was like i did to once but now im with (name of her boyfriend is kept privet). but she gets really upset if someone besides her is his girl best friend and i think she still likes him or is trying to make me mad but once she cried over it and i helped fix their friendship. but i dont what to do. I really want to tell him but he is friends with the guy i had a crush on last year and he is Mormon so he couldn't date and everyone thought i still liked him but i didn't but my face turns red a lot when im nervous, scared, or embarrassed and having everyone say that make me embarrassed so it didn't help, and my crush thinks i like one of his best friends. so should i tell him?? i dont want to get rejected and my friend asked if he likes anyone and he said no but he really didn't know her. i really want to be friends but not if he is going to treat me like that. WHAT DO I DO??!!!!

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2016 at 11:49 PM ----------

i feel like we could have a good thing. I've dated before and I've been in love we didn't end things good but were kinda cool and i still love my ex i always will but we were always on and off because long-distance was hard especially when my cousin liked him and she was always saying i love you and stuff and i got mad but he is with a girl and he is happy and im really happy for him because i know he loves her and he is doing great but im not even with my crush and feel how i did with my ex or even stronger. i cant place it and i dont know if i could not talk to him or be friends after if i told him because it was hard for me to let my ex go.

16. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hm yeah I might get angry at them if they're actually being problematic but that will make the crush bit die down a little bit too. Generally the fact that I can't have them at worst will make me hurt a bit inside but not lash out or anything.

17. Cinis

Cinis Guest

I think it's quite a common reaction. It somehow makes the feeling of rejection and being not good enough better. Both the anger and the feeling of failure are of corse completely irrational but rationality is not really the most important aspect of love, is it?

18. Blinko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    maybe angry if she blows out a plan to hang out after I've have anticipated for a while....plus she knows i have a huge crush on her and tells all her friends but i don't care...i can do anything for her and she knows it...but it's kind of wearing off because i realised she's not as perfect as i fantasized...plus i am trying ot be more self-aware and reduce dependent attachments with people

19. eMei

No, he is a lovely guy.

20. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get upset that he's so frickin cute and wtf why can't I be that gorgeous???