1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Sims fans.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mateo, Aug 29, 2015.

?

Are you a fan of The Sims?

1. Yes. I love The Sims

67 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. No. I'm not a fan

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. No. But I use to be.

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I dunno i'v never played The Sims.

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. What are "The Sims"?

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have so many hours clocked into Sims 2. I could never get into Sims 3 as much. I always just made myself and some girlfriends but then I'd lose interest.

2. Mateo

I have over 1200 hours clocked on 4 on just this computer alone I'm grateful Origins hasn't kept proper track of my 3 hours cause it be scary proof that I don't have a life.

3. Mateo

My favorite expansion is Seasons with Open for Business/Get to Work as a close second.

4. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEE(!)(!)(!) the Sims I've been playing since S2, in middle/high school, I thought I'd stop around 18, But I just couldn't.. then I got into S3, & to be honest, it didn't wow me like when I played #2, but I Tried to tell myself that maybe I'd warm up to it, & I did.. but even as I played #3 there was always something in the back of my mind that, made me not like it as much as when I played #2, even though S2 was older, I felt the graphics were clearer & better than #3, & then S4 comes out.. & I'm definitely hooked, it reminds of S2 actually.. kinda a cross of all the Sims series combined, but I also see a lot of S2 in the newer Sims:icon_bigg unfortunately I haven't been able to explore the game as much as I would like, but it's definitely my favorite along with S2. Sul Sul:eusa_danc:smilewave

5. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to play the sims a lot. 1, 2 and 3. Though I think 2 was my favourite. So many hours spent with that game.

Also, anyone else played simcity?

6. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    2 is my favourite as well, I still play it with all expansion packs. As for SimCity, I've played the older versions, not the latest one

7. Mateo

Yes. Simcity 2000 was my gateway in the Sims genre. I still have it but I don't really play it anymore cause my new computer doesn't agree with it. I do have Simcity 4 though and I do play it from time to time when I get on my laptop. I'v been to lazy to get around to downloading it on my new desktop.

8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    SimCity 2000 and Sims 1 seem to work fine on Windows 10. lol surprising!

9. Mateo

Hmm... interesting cause my desktop was originally windows 8.1 and 2000 didn't run to well but I got the free upgrade for 10 so I'll have to try downloading it again.

10. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Neither have I. 2000's the only one for me :3

Suprised it ran on windows 10 though. I didn't even think it ran on 7.

11. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sims 2 also works on 10 and it didn't on 8.1. Just right click and set compatibility to XP and then run as admin. Should work

12. Lazuri

W10 was designed to work with old software. However, there are some old games that uses SafeDisc and other versions of SecuRom that W10 will not run because the system sees the security software as malware. It's not wrong, though; SecuRom is pretty much malware.

13. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My cousin had Sims 3 PC at her house, but then she gave it to my cousin. I first downloaded Freeplay around 2 years ago and have switched phones a few times in between. Nevertheless, I'm somewhat obsessed with FP

14. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favourite thing to do is create huge family trees with heaps of Sims.

15. iiimee

I once tried playing the Sims normally... worst time of my life. X_X I usually do something with lots of death!

16. Mateo

I think my favorite thing to do in the sims is gardening. Iv had several gardens and even a full farm in 3, complete with cow, chicken coop, and a horse, All though I like the gardening system in sims 4 I do very much miss the sprinkler.

17. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

Now that I think of it, one of my favourite features was magic and all those creatures your sims could become. Makin' magic was my favourite expansion for sims 1, while the creatures were best in sims 2. Especially witches. Damn, now I wanna play but I gave the original sims 2 dvd.

18. CameronMR

I started with the original sims on my old windows 98, and the sims ps2 version. I liked the PC platform far better. I played the sims online for a while, but I got sick of the roving gangs of a$$holes that would visit and piss all over your property. I got the sims 2 and loved it. I played many many hours! I collected all the EP's and stuff packs, created a ton of custom content and even learned the hacks and how to install modded content. As soon as the sims 3 was availiable I pre-ordered it, and got myself the plumbob usb stick. I played and played and played.....lol I even used the sims movie tools to create a living diorama for English class for death of a salesman. I made sims and build the house the way it was described in the play. Top Marks for creativity by the way. No other student used gaming as an assignment medium. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My bff gave me her spare copy of TS4, but she forgot to include one of the disks. Which is ok, because I am a nursing student which means no time for anything but STUDY STUDY STUDY so you know what I am gonna do as soon as I graduate!!! :wink:

19. Mateo

Brilliant use of The Sims :eusa_clap. I also got The Sims 3 limited edition set that came with the plumbob flash drive. I still have it too. I came into The Sims too late to play The Sims Online, but that's probably a good thing I don't know if my dad would have paid for a monthly subscription.

20. ApexxShadow

I LOVE THEM SIMS AHHH

My favorite has to be 3 ;u;