1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other Christians around?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by falconfalcon, Oct 17, 2016.

1. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

:slight_smile:

I just wanted to add to another note, to clarify, that everybody comes from different beliefs in the way they are raised, and everyone has their own personal beliefs that they develop as they grow to a place not exactly where they originated...

and we all either have had or still have our doubts and fears, no matter what we believe

And wouldn't it be awesome if we could gather in fellowship in a space where no one is telling anyone what they should think is right or wrong? No one is arguing, or trying to convince anyone else, and no one is judging anyone else or where they are at?

That we could have a safe space just to be - just to be where we are at , and be there with peace and respect?

And we could just enjoy the safety? And people could be free to ask questions if they had any, or share information, or look through resources as they desired and at there own pace? But at least a space to be safe and know its OK to be with others and just even think or talk about LGBT and Christian? And that no one will judge anyone else? and that we are free, safe and supported?

Anyways - i step down from my soapbox :wink:

Thanks!!!!!! <3

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an atheist and I consider myself pretty devout. :slight_smile:

3. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people

4. 1zebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very confused Christian here! Still trying to figure it all out

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly...I am not thrilled with the term "Christian" because over the years...I have been in the company of a lot of people who tend to let that word roll out of their mouths and then they turn out to be the worst sinner around. Otherwise...they are hypocrites and the majority of these people who backtracks are in church every Sunday and are notable Church leaders and high positions on the Church Board of Leaders. Therefore, I can tell you in regards to myself..I am a firm believer in God and on a daily basis...I read certain areas of the Bible that applies to me and I pray and meditate and I listen to certain sermons also. I have a large collection of Inspirational and Gospel music which I also enjoy on a daily basis as well. I've been doing this routine for many years now and if I do not do it every single morning when I wake up...I feel as if my day is not complete. Again..this is something that I do daily and its something that I do for me and it makes me feel as if I have a connection with God in private.

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an atheist, but would totally support your project, OP. LGBT Christians could use a lot of support. Many believe that God hates them. And it is just so sad. :frowning2: So it is a wonderful thing that you want to help out! I hope you can make a difference in people's lives! (*hug*)

7. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people

What kind of project are you thinking of? I'm thinking of doing a short film on The situation with person I'm in has inspired me.

8. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

Hey :slight_smile:

I actually have a few dreams of some projects, but my highest priority is to create a safe space, a platform, that can be used by anybody to build on and help develop any project :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I really hope to build a safe, welcoming space for LGBT Christians. With no judgement, no arguing, no criticism - just safe, respecftul, and supportive - where everyone is free to be just where they are at :slight_smile:

because, who amongst us, if not the ones with the most doubt, the most fear, or
    perhaps the least amount of opportunity to talk about these things, or the least amount of information about them, needs the most support? And safety?

And how can any of us sort out any of our feelings if we can't face them? If we can't face our doubts, and accept that we have them? How can they ever really be healed?

For many people raised Christian, can we really just "choose" not to have doubts, or fears, any easier than we can choose our attractions?

We may choose what we believe - but those doubts and fears dont just blink away in an instant.

It takes some healing. No?

This is why i hope we can all really support eachother Where we are at, as LGBTs and Christians. Wherever we are on our journies, however different our journies may be. And wherever they may take us. And at our own pace :slight_smile:

I hope, maybe, if we can gather around something simple, say perhaps one agreement - perhaps that we all agree that LGBT is not something one can choose, or unchoose - or maybe that LGBTs are sometimes Christians, and Christians are sometimes LGBTs, and we can set all other differences aside, and gather to support eachother, and give everyone plenty of space to deal with all they might be dealing with, and to be themselves... If we can agree to one simple thing, and say that we dont have to agree on anything else - and we can just work together to support eachother where we are at, and help others - Can you imagine how much good that could be done?

If we just work to support eachother and create and maintain a safe space where people can come and talk, or share information and resources? (with due humility). If we had a place where everyone knew they were safe? As LGBTs, and Christians? Or just to talk about LGBT and Christianity? If we had a place where the only thing that really wasn't tolerated, was disrespect?

Where we just relax and be, and talk and grow and deal?

I think that would be awesome :slight_smile:

9. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok where to you want to start? DM me.

10. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Christian, gay, and both are definitely challenges at times.

I'm also very progressive, so that I don't have a strict view of the literal Bible, but I do keep my faith in resurrection itself. I tend to focus on spirituality, theology, and mysticism more than the old testament or legalism.

11. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am - still figuring out what all that means, because I'm gay as anything, and I've always been taught that being affirming or being gay is very sinful. However, I believe Jesus is my Savior, and I haven't walked away from the church YET.

12. KSatt

I'm a gay Christian. I think these are some great ideas. It can be hard as a Christian who happens to be part of the LGBTQ+ community to accept yourself, never mind being accepted by others within the Church. I think this is due to the history many of us have of being told homosexuality is sinful and shameful. Even if you come to accept yourself, it can still be hard to find information about how being gay and being Christian do not negate one another. The internet makes that info more available, but having a particular space where it could all be readily available as well as having like-minded people to talk to and learn from would be such an asset.

13. HelloSweetie

14. aleshia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay and Catholic.

This is my view on the Bible also. I think that's the best way to describe it.

15. Cooper18

Cooper18 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Christian too :slight_smile: