1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any anime fans here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SilentOtaku, Apr 15, 2017.

1. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

I can see where you're coming from but what really drives me nuts is when people say anime is for kids, and state violence doesn't mean anything it's still for kids. So game of thrones, family guy, etc is shit for kids?

Wow I never knew that.

Seriously, if anyone of these people have seen the uncut version of any anime they'd see that isn't the case. The manga of Yu-Gi-Oh has mature content and discussions, so you will be asking " what does this have to do with the anime?"

Well, Mangaka usually like the idea of a faithful adaptation and anime studios like to keep things as close as possible. MEANING most of that mature stuff from the manga is transitioned over to the anime. So in short, discussions that teens would get and mature content for teens will be in the anime.

And listen the original version of Yu-Gi-Oh! Is fucked up, if anything it isn't for kids. That anime is for teens mostly for 13-15 yr olds in Japan. Basically TV-13 in Japan, I'd know this cause I have looked at the ratings of anime in Japan before and that anime is aimed at thirteen yr olds in Japan.

Meaning it's aimed at teens, same as Digimon, same as the first season of Pokémon, same as most 90's shonen and modern shonen anime. If any of these haters would see actual Anime and the uncut stuff their tune would change. They'd get that anime isn't for kid stuff but teens and adults starting for 12 or 13 up to adult age.

They get that shonen anime isn't kid stuff but Anime for teens from middle school up to high school age.

They get that seinen and Josei anime exist, and there is anime for kids but it isn't for kids. That anime is usually called KODOMO.

But no most Americans have to be dumb, they have to argue with anime fans. And have to make Japanese people cringe, face palm. And then get angry and call out their shit. So in short I'm done. If FMA is for kids then okay game of thrones and family guy are too..

#21 SilentOtaku, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buddy, mocking you was NEVER My intention. If I offended you I'm sorry. I was Just expressing how much I love anime. I wasn't trying to offend anypony. Again if I offended you I apologize, :frowning2:

#22 Ushiromiya Red, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  3. Cocodrile Tears

I really like watch anime series They make me pass the time and have some fun And stop thinking about other topics.
    One of my favorites is Ouran host club, Is a very funny anime and leaves you wanting more.The last anime I saw was yuri on ice (and now I'm interested in the world of figure skating)

PD: Sorry, i have to say it, i usually use words like "Animu" or "Otaco" just for fun, even if I'm an otaku (sorta) But I don't use it in a disrespectful way. I mean, sometimes you have to stop taking things so seriously. That often bites your life.

4. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

It's fine, you like anime I do too. So have you watched the original Naruto cause my favorite part is where he insults one of his instructors after trying to kill Iruka-sensei. That and where They were fighting this chick who could use her Justu to create mirrors..

5. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That rings a bell. Ive only seen a few episodes and some of the movies of the original Naruto. I enjoyed it. Lots of action and adventure. Loved his Rasengan ability, it was awesome.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh god there's so many of them! If you're not an anime fan on this site, you're a minority!

7. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

We come from a time when anime was respected, when WE were the life of the party when anime wasn't seen as something to hate but something to celebrate and respect. We were the people you could like or think we were interspective and thought too much on things. We had it all, WE WERE 2007-2009. We were the youngins making noise and teens that ran the counter culture. We made anime fasionable and cool.

What happened? Dumb kids and adults had to ruin it for all of us, they had to obsess that moe is all of what anime is, and that bad anime was the majority. SAO and a few bad anime with some terrible animation was majority of what anime is. Creating hate and Otaku to be called weeb when we stood up and defended our medium with actual facts and info.

Showing that the majority of anime, isnt like that but beautifully animated scenes and such. With videos from amazing anime and such. But people don't listen and now we are hated.

People are dumb, and I wish death to humanity ( Asian people? Most of them, get that anime isn't bad and that the majority of anime is animated well but there will be some bad anime every once in a while. But that's just like with anything and that's how Hollywood is too)

So why are we here? We need a safe place to hide, to hide from the mean people who want to hurt us and so we can some how in some way relive what it was like back in 2007-2009 when people loved anime and there was a respect for it.

The reason you're in the minority is because one simple answer, to make sure we keep that time frame going.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Um I didn't need that backlash geez!

9. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

It was an explaination from a depressed state meets someone looking for a home.

Plus the ending was a joke, I should have been more obvious sorry. I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, but a lot of us feel this way we had mainstream status and now anime is getting undeserved and stupid hate. Mixed with the hate on the fans.

It's sad, and I feel lonely.

Again I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to come off as mean. If you need to you can take a shot at me..

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay! I knew you were joking at the end. Are you okay? You can message me on my wall if you need to vent!

11. Lazuri

Honestly, anime is still mostly popular in Sweden. At worst, you usually just get people that don't understand what it is, but pretty much every person I meet that's 30 years old and younger have watched it to some extent.

#31 Lazuri, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  12. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

No different here people don't like it don't understand it or what it is, act or assume they do and say dumb shit but when proven wrong get butthurt and scream weaboo or weeb at people. Basically they think it's something to the tune of cartoon which it isn't and on top of that some other dumb shit. So fuck America I guess.

But I'd say that anime being popular or mainstream here isn't actually the case, cause people have this stereotype about it and don't know dick about anime and don't want to. However they act like they do and push their ignorant narrative into everything.

The reality is Americans don't know dick about anime, or anything foreign but act like they do cause it's a matter of being better then someone and some sort of egotistical game with this elitist attitude that basically shows they know dick all about the medium.

So I'd like to move to Sweden or something, maybe just because the community and such is no different then how it was here before 2010 and how things were just before everything became more messy over time with the right wing trying to destroy America.

#32 SilentOtaku, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  13. Never been that into anime, but for some reason I completely binged on Death Note once.

14. Patchworksock

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love anime, the first one I watched was Neon Genesis Evangelion and since then I've just been hooked!