1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anger and bad behaviour

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mihael, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get angry all the time and I realise that it's not always appropriate or that some of my reactions might be an overkill. But. Please don't give advice such as what the hell are you thinking that you can be violent or "just calm down". It doesn't work like this. It just doesn't. Like, what am I supposed to do about this? How am I supposed to deal with this? Any insight? I don't want to be an asshole. I seem to have some basic level of anger that doesn't really have a reason. Why is everyone so calm? What kind of friends should I be making so that they don't feel offended or something? How?

2. smurf

This is a great starting point.

It not that the rest of us are really good at staying calm, is that the rest of use don't experience the triggers that you do.

For example, what makes you mad probably doesn't phase me. You might ask "wow, how is he so calm" when in reality you have to ask "Wow, why is this thing that is happening making me mad?"

The reason for your anger can be so many things. Trauma and depression can be a common reason, but its something that only you can figure out. Do you have access to a therapist? That would be the easiest way to learn some tools on how to either avoid your triggers, learn when they are coming, or even deal with the trauma that makes those actions triggers for you.

Mihael likes this.