1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgynous and black

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by shyjess, Nov 12, 2017.

1. shyjess

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being an androgynous, black asexual in Alabama can be difficult, especially in the South, which, thankfully, I don't live in. There are racist and homophobic people in North Alabama, but I don't let it get to me. I intend to ingored the bigots and try to live my life in the conservative state. I often get uncomfortable looks every now and then, something I'm used to. I often get questioned by my gender by everyone of race and gender. It can be frustrating to deal with these, but I'm used to it.

There are community centers for people like me in Alabama, thank god, and I can always go to one of them to discuss gender indentities.

Yeah, I just wanted to get this out of my chest

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi shyjess, welcome to EC! If you have anything you need to get off your chest, need advice about etc this is a wonderful warm welcoming group. Thanks for sharing a bit about you.

My gender is pretty queer, I'm a pretty butch lesbian and I identify with a lot of what you're sharing. Though I live in the U.K. (I'm originally from the US), so my experiences differ a bit in that way.

Anyway welcome and please feel free to post and share.

#2 baristajedi, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  3. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not just being gender neutral, non confirming or ambiguous with your gender lifestyle.

Realistically, anything LGBT related to the black/african culture is shunned upon sadly honey. I know, because I'm black and LGBT as well.