1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And just like that...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AriKari, Jan 9, 2018.

1. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel so god damned confused right now. I've spent about 4 years questioning my gender and now all of a sudden I hardly feel anything.
    I've been feeling refreshed after spending the holidays with my family, as well as being more active in getting my life together than I ever remember.
    How is it that after years of all of this anxious questioning of both current and past feelings, I don't feel anything? How is it that all of a sudden I just don't feel this way anymore?
    Is there a chance I'm suppressing this again? Did I really just convince myself I'm transgender?

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dysphoria comes and goes. I have to remind myself of this too. I mean its always possible its a phase, but i think if one goes that long questioning their gender identity then chances are they probably aren't cis. That's my opinion anyways.

3. shadowalex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea I was thinking about making a longer post about this sort of thing. During the holidays or family get-togethers I find that at this point since im not out to anyone I kinda just shut down if I spent enough time with people who don't know that im a guy. I feel like im in sort of a recovery from all the misgendering lol. It took me about two weeks after spending a long holiday with family before I could even actively think about anything related to my transition. I feel like a guy the whole time, my experience with gender is the same no matter what, but I just block it out and don't think about it too hard I guess.

That might not be the same thing you're talking about but thats my experience. Give yourself time to breathe and think about other things.

#3 shadowalex, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  4. And it exploded

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you ever heard the phrase "calm before the storm?"