1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...and a Hard Place

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Absol, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I'm having issues with these two guys, but they're unrelated (except that I work with both of them):

1. With this first guy (let's call him Nate), there's not much to it. He started working where I work over a year ago and we became friends pretty quickly. We don't hang out much outside of work, but we always have a good time there. I soon started to have feelings for him and it turned into a little crush, but it didn't last long. He started dating this girl soon after and usually as soon as I find out there is probably zero chance of something happening, my crush usually goes away.

Fast forward to the present and we're still good friends and everything, but he's no longer dating that girl and he's single. He has started making these flirtatious remarks towards me in a joking manner. I 100% don't think he's actually flirting with me and there's no hidden meaning behind them. I at first didn't have a problem with it and jokingly said some things back towards him, but now the feelings I had for him are starting to creep back up and the remarks are not helping. What should I do? I'm not out to him, so I can't be totally honest with him (well I could, but ehhh) and I don't want him to take it the wrong way because I don't want something so dumb to ruin our friendship.

2. This one is bad, like really REALLY bad, I don't think I've ever fallen for someone this hard before. Let's call him Justin, he started working with me in January and the moment I laid my eyes upon him, my heart jump. He's gentle, nice, charming, kind, and he's not hard on the eyes either. So yeah, I fell for him hard, but unlike with my other crushes, it's not going away and I want it to. Why you may ask? Well it's mostly because he just turned 18. Now I know that legally, there's nothing wrong with me (26) wanting to be with a 18 year old, but I've know him since he was 17 and it just carries a negative connotation. It reached it's boiling point a couple of weeks ago when I was showing him how to do something. To put it short, we had this really awkward moment that was unintentionally sexual. It was actually kind of funny, but it pulled at my heartstrings.

So what can I do about this? Even though I'm not out, I've honestly considered just telling him how I feel and hoping he just straight out rejects me. The problem with that is, there's a chance that he actually might be gay, but definitely not out. I don't have any evidence, but I like to think I have pretty good gaydar, so it's just a feeling. If he is, I don't want to put him in a awkward situation that he might not be ready for. So I don't know what to do, the more I think about it, the more I feel crappy about it.:confused:

#1 Absol, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015