1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An update on how I'm doing (Great news!)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Spaceface, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A few months ago I made two threads. One of them was about me getting back in the closet and the other was about coming out to my gay friend. I've decided to post an update on how I've been doing since then. Last November, I came out to my gay friend. He told me he wasn't surprised because I knew a lot of gay people and he was proud of me for telling him. He also told me that he had had a crush on me since we became friends and he asked me if I wanted to be his boyfriend. I was pretty nervous at the idea of dating him because I had just come out to him and I wasn't ready to be completely out yet. A few days later, I told him we could date as long as we kept it secret. Ever since we started dating, he's been helping me become more comfortable with my sexuality, and we've held hands and kissed in public a few times. He is the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for, and I'm very lucky to have him! :relaxed:

Dionysios and Chip like this.
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really awesome to hear! ANd I think you'll find that the more you come out to people, the easier it gets. So it sounds like if you just keep doing what you're doing, things will continue to improve for you.

Spaceface likes this.
  3. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Chip. Yes, I've been a lot happier since I've started coming out to people, and I've got an amazing boyfriend to help me along! :slight_smile:

Dionysios likes this.
  4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is fantastic that you came out to your friend and that he was honest about how he feels about you; from the sounds of it, he was waiting for you to tell him. You are making great headway in being yourself not just in private but also in public. That's pretty awesome. :slight_smile:

Spaceface and Dionysios like this.
  5. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bravo! I am so happy for you. So many LGBT people are lonely and isolated. They need to connect and are either unsure or afraid to take that first step in approaching others. If only more people would have the courage as you had to take a risk, their lives could change for the better. Thank you for the update and hope all goes well with you and your boyfriend. *smile*

Spaceface likes this.
  6. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, but he actually broke up with me almost two weeks ago. However it appears that he's just going through a hard time and he needs some time alone. I told him that if ever he wants to change his mind the door is always open.

Dionysios likes this.
  7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully he'll take you up on your offer; it seems that the both of you had quite a good friendship.

Even though things didn't turn out the way you likely hoped they would continue, you still did some amazing things and have every reason to be proud of yourself. (*hug*)

Dionysios likes this.
  8. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did not know that but that's okay my friend. You tried! That took guts! You handled the breakup well and can hold your head up high with no regrets that you stood back and did nothing. Stay positive my friend. With a positive attitude and a willingness to put yourself out there, you will eventually find the right guy, at the right time and the right place. *smile*