1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~Am I trans or something else?~ I am so confused now

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Parker22, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Parker22

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So recently, idk why, but I started questioning whether I'm trans or not. I don't feel like I quite fit with being female, but sometimes I do feel less dysphoric and want to try a dress on, or maybe be more girly in a way.
    Some days I feel more masculine, having major chest dysphoria, absolutely hating the sound of my voice etc. Those days I do more masculine things and dress that way as well. Other days I'm just confused, like maybe I'll have a little dysphoria about my voice or maybe my chest, but I'll still dress in leggings and a tighter t shirt, just because I don't actually know.

TLDR- Having doubts about being trans bc some days I feel more feminine, masculine, or none of the above.

Stephanie00 likes this.
  2. Alex2

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not everyone's gender identity stays the same all the time. You might be gender-fluid, which means that you can fluctuate between being a man, woman, or something else on the spectrum. If this label doesn't feel right to you, there are many other genders out there besides male and female, such as genderqueer, agender, and many more, categorized under the umbrella term non-binary. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask me, as I am non-binary myself, so I have a lot of knowledge about this identity.

Stephanie00 and Parker22 like this.
  3. Parker22

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the insight! I at one time identified as genderfluid but for me it just didn't fit and felt weird. It's just so weird bc for many years I've felt comfortable with being trans, but suddenly I just got flipped on my head with doubt! Guess it's time for more self reflection...

4. Stephanie00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know Parker im not trying to push you, but there’s this thing called Demigender, is when you identify as a gender, But not fully, partially, for your case you can try to figure out if your a Demiboy, You sometimes feel like a girl, but identify as male, but being feminine doesn’t mean you’re a girl, you can be sometimes a feminine trans guy

im am actually a Demigirl!, i just don’t identify as such, sometimes I feel non-binary and male but like 95% or the time I feel female, but you don’t have to identify as a Demiboy to be a Demiboy, it’s Up to you, just know that you have my full support no matter what happens!

Alex2 likes this.
  5. Alex2

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Parker, one important thing to keep in mind is that at the end of the day, labels don't really matter that much. It can feel great to confidently say "I'm trans," "I'm non-binary," etc, but that won't change other people's perceptions of you - or almost anything in the real world. Instead of focusing on finding a perfect label, focus on finding a name, pronoun set, and gender expression that fits you, and whatever you do, don't let confusion over your label hold you back from being yourself.

elanding and Stephanie00 like this.
  6. Stephanie00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yes I agree with Alex

7. Stephanie00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You’re you, there is no label that can define how unique you can be

8. Parker22

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks y'all! After lots of reflection and just general thinking, I decided that I'll keep everything as is! Really appreciate the advice from you all!