1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I too picky or is something wrong with me???

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laine7008, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m really starting to think it would be near impossible if I ever came out to find a woman I truly would be attracted to. I hate to stereotypical but I think my “type” is very very rare in the lesbian community. I’m not into the manly types.
    I don’t like younger women, I just don’t. I don’t know why but I ADORE older women. Maybe it’s some underlying mommy issues..sigh.
    Here’s where it’s tricky..It’s almost like it’s turns me on for them to not give off gay vibes, does that even make any sense??
    No tattoos, no odd color hair, dresses neatly. and it’s not even about physical attractiveness either because a majority of the women I do find attractive would not be someone’s normal pick I think. They don’t have to have a perfect body or any of that. I can’t explain. In my mind it makes sense lol
    Does this sound like mommy issues? Hahaha

the woman I am still absolutely head over heels for is a teacher, she’s not exactly skinny but she’s not exactly big either, she just turned 50 and we have about a 20 year age difference. She gives off no gay vibes what so ever but damn I am so fucking attracted to her more than I ever have been to someone.

2. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I first came out to my son, I expressed doubt that there would be any man attracted to me because of my age, my body type, and how straight actin I am. He laughed and told me not to worry because there are plenty of men out there attracted to just that and that there is always someone for everyone. You just need to be patient. Wise beyond his years. I raised him well. :blush:

What I am saying is, you are that someone for what you are attracted to and vise-versa. Quoting my then 21yo son, "there is always someone for everyone. You just need to be patient."

PEACE!

Laine7008 likes this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that makes you picky. I imagine if someone came along who doesn't fit your usual type and you felt something, you wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. It sounds more to me like you've only found this one type so far, this one woman in particular, and that's okay. Maybe it will change, maybe it won't--but there's no shame in feeling the way you do. I'm just sorry if it's unrequited/unlikely to blossom into anything more.

4. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    what lsbjon said is really cute and also i think true although i am in the same boat as you..

I am rarely perceived as a lesbian unless i come out and im attracted to woman that are feminine. What i find attractive in woman is their softness and their caring qualities.. i know men can also be like that but it just never interested me.

I sometimes loose hope and people tell me im too picky all the time or that i havnt accepted myself fully and that is why im attracted to straight woman. I fully understand and accept the non accepting part because i struggle but i get really angry when people say these things because i just cant see myself with a masculine woman it simple is no appeal to me and i feel “wrong” somehow for not finding myself attracted to these type of women…i hope we both find compatible people and in best case scenario that you manage to progress things with your sons teacher (i have been following your story!)