1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Eldrher, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So basically I came out as bisexual when I was 12/13 and it really felt like me. But now, I don't think bisexuality describes me. I've never had a proper romantic feeling towards a girl before, only attraction to her body. I can't ever see myself being with a girl. Its rare the feeling of attraction is even there. I'm 99.9% into guys. Am I quite obviously gay? Or am I thinking too hard about this?

2. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends on what your attraction to female bodies are. Are they just the ability to aknowledge when a girl is good looking or sexual attraction? But since you say you're into guys and you don't see yourself with a female, yes I would say you're gay. But you still can have a slight sexual attraction to women, and then call yourself bisexual. I think you can just use the label you prefer and which you think suits you better.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexual orientation isn't really binary or even tri army... It is a spectrum. So many people that label themselves as gay may, for example, have a small amount of attraction to the opposite see, but are predominantly gay.

In your case, it's likely that labeling as bi gave you a chance to not let go of th straight identity completely while coming to terms with being gay. That's pretty typical and is part of the stages of loss (denial-anger-bargaining-grief-acceptance). So I think it is pretty likely you are gay, and just becoming comfortable with who you are. Of course, only you can know for sure, but it sounds like you actually already know :slight_smile:

gravechild likes this.
  4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Essentially, you wrote your own answer. And yes, it's complete normal to want the safety of being bisexual at first when you are still accepting yourself even if you only have the smallest amount of attraction to the opposite gender.

5. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey CobraKiy3,

I would like to throw in my 2cents.

It's really NOT about the label. 'Common' or 'recognized' labels can help us to better understand who we are. But, honestly, each of us experiences our own sexuality and gender identity in our own way. So, from my point of view, the most important thing is to understand ourselves. Labeling is irrelevant unless you want to try to explain something that you think your (romantic/sexual) partner may not understand about you - in the interest of being totally open with your partner. In other than those situations, what does it matter what label we or anyone else may choose for us? WE are who we are. WE are warm, breathing, LOVING individuals. If you or I come to LOVE someone, what do labels matter?

#6 Quantumreality, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    quizzicalbrow and Lynz like this.