1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being to hard on him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shyguyww, Jul 6, 2018.

1. shyguyww

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I broke up with my boyfriend since he is leaving to get his master's degree at another state and doesn't know if he wants me to move in with him. I'm willing to do so after I'm done with my degree and can look for a job. He is scared about everything that could go wrong, while I feel everything could go just fine.

I'm ok with having a long distance relationship with him for a while since I love him very much and we get along really well. He is depressive and very insecure (he is an actor), which makes things harder at times. He has had so many issues with his family and career, which helps me understand why he has such a hard time making decisions. I'm very aware he loves me back as much as I do. He is scared of so many things...

I'm I being to hard on him for not knowing what he wants? It's hard for me to treat him as a priority when I feel he treats me like an option. He says he could eventually maybe feel like me tagging along, but doesn't no for sure right now. The thing is I need to start searching for jobs since I will be done soon after he leaves. I want to go with him but if he doesn't want me there, why would I go? How could I start searching for jobs near him if he doesn't want that?

2. smurf

Yep, there's your answer. He might not know how to say it in words, but trust people when they show you what they want.

Moving to a whole city for a guy usually always ends up badly specially right after college. The problem is that if you guys break up you will be left living in a place without emotional support to 1) deal with the break up 2) be in a new city.

I think you made the right decision. If he wanted you to move with him then he would have already said so

3. nemoMous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The common mistake because living together donĀ“t work is often because 2 people exept each other
    to do things without talking about it and set basic ground rules both can agree on.

Talk about who will do what at this and that day or week.