1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I actually Trans (?)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by chimerical, Jun 19, 2022.

1. chimerical

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know something is definitely wrong/different with how I view myself compared to how other people see themselves. But I'm very unsure about my current identity. Biologically, I am female, but I don't really feel comfortable with my body at all. I was very tom-boyish in my youth, and was often mistaken for a boy. I still felt uncomfortable then I guess, cause I went through a faze of trying to be feminine and shaving/growing my hair out/leggings and pretty colors, but that was even more uncomfortable. Recently, I've started to dress very masculinely again and I feel frustration because I don't look like a boy in the clothing, or, that's what I think I feel. I often find myself wishing I could join in with the guys of my friend group in their obnoxiously masculien behaviors.
    But I also sometimes like my feminine qualities and just think about how, "Other people really like these features." Then I just get more confused. I'm not all together sure I don't want to be a girl, as I do enjoy skirts and dresses and cute things, but everyway I present them, and how people look at me when I am dressed femininely makes me very, very uncomfortable. I'm identifying as a boy right now, and I think I am, but I don't know if I'm just faking it because I don't like myself or if I really am trans. I'm just very confused and I want someone else to weigh in,

2. Maddiewashere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can't speak to the trans guy experience, personally, but a lot of what you say sounds pretty similar to my trans gal experience, just in reverse. Seeming more feminine in my youth, had a phase where I tried really hard to be a "man" (HUGE mistake for me, made me act like a raging asshole because that's what I, a woman, perceived masculinity as,) and I do still enjoy a lot of more stereotypically masculine things (I love video games and (some) rock music and hanging out with guys and all that) while wanting to do them AS a girl, ya know? You can still enjoy things more typical of your AGAB without wanting to BE that gender, from my experience. Not to say you immediately are trans either, it's something still worth thinking about if you're unsure, but from where I stand you seem trans.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's something I've learned over the years: If you keep making these baby steps in the "other direction" so to speak, and they're working more than what you had going on, chances are you're closer to that end than you think.

4. Flinn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel and I am a trans guy and I’ve been out to everyone at school for a year and yes I enjoy wearing skirts and in my case sometimes makeup it’s normal to like feminine stuff and still identify as male so don’t worry it’s completely normal and yes I get it when you dress fem or masc and people still don’t see you as a boy it’s frustrating and makes you feel less valid and dysphoric(in my experience) I hope you know that you are valid!