1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a lesbian, bi, or straight? Please Help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Anaduin, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Anaduin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was raised and have always been a rod straight catholic, but recently I’ve started having other feelings. I’ve had a boyfriend for a while and he’s great but I can’t help but occasionally imagine myself with a girl instead. There’s one girl on the flag team. One day in band practice I couldn’t stop looking at her. She had an amazing butt and I loved watching it while she jumped and danced. This is not the first time this has happened. It’s been happening since around 7 th grade. Now, a lot of my friends have begun coming out and I took a good look at myself. I know for a fact that if I came out my family would not except me and I would be practically disowned (it had already happened to my male cousin, they just speculated that he was gay and sooner or later...) I’m not even sure if I am having true Lesbian thoughts or if this is just normal. If anyone could describe similar feelings thoughts they have had an show they handled them that would be great! Thanks for listening to me rant but I have no one to talk to about this lest my family find out.

Ravenstar likes this.
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well EC is a great place to talk and figure things out.

Ravenstar likes this.
  3. Ali0109

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm kinda in the same place. Im a young adult. Went to Catholic school my entire life. Very attracted to men and have always had boyfriends but never commit to them. I feel like I emotionally connect to my female friends more than I ever connect to my male friends.. I find my female friends attractive but do not know if I find them sexually attractive.

Love4Ever likes this.
  4. Sweldon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember feeling like I was in a similar situation a long time ago. My family wasn't Catholic, but some were very devout Christians or simply had views that did not align in favor of being LGBT.
    I can't decide for you if whether the feelings you are feeling are along the lines of lesbian thoughts, or if they are out of general curiosity or intrigue. It seems like you're still young, so you still have time to figure everything out.
    However, because you are still young. Based on your post I am assuming you are either still in high school or possibly slightly younger or older than that. I genuinely advise that unless you're in a space where you are 100% confident that you will not be disowned or put in a situation where you can be harmed, that you don't come out. Or if you do want to come out, make sure you are completely ready to face any consequences if it does not go well (such as somewhere to move if it does not go well).
    I do not want to scare you with that advice, but some households can be more good or bad than you expect them to be. And most importantly, if you do decide to come out about your experience with female attraction, know that coming out is a completely personal choice. You don't have to come out if these thoughts don't make you lose sleep at night. I know the media glorifies coming out a lot, but at the end of the day that's up to you to decide. There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep it hidden. You are not lying to yourself if you do.