1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to the use of regular condoms????

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by nxtjxn, Mar 28, 2017.

1. nxtjxn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been with the same partner for almost a year. We've always used regular condoms. However, it came to a point that he can't really climax because we are using a condom, seeing how it takes away sensibility for him. I'm trying to avoid going on the pill but I also refuse to even try the so-called "pull out method" - it's completely off the table for me. I just see it as taking unnecessary risks.

So I was talking to a friend about it and he reminded me to try female condoms and as I was doing research I realized maybe I could use the :help::help::help::help: of some outside opinions on it and experiences other people may have...

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One trick a lot of people don't realize: the condom is designed to move. If you put a little bit of lube inside the condom before putting it on, then it increases stimulation to the penis, as the condom will move back and forth a bit. (It shouldn't come off, as the ring at the base of the penis should prevent that.) This may solve the problem entirely as, when used correctly, there's virtually no difference in sensation.

The female condom is another options worth considering.