1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Altering My Binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MaybeBenji, Apr 16, 2019.

1. MaybeBenji

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just bought a GC2B binder (small, black, half tank) and it fits great. My only problem is how difficult it is to put on and take off. I was wondering if I could cut it down the side and sew in hooks or velcro. Has anyone tried anything like this? I was bordering on sizes and, in hindsight, I should have bought the medium instead. I could return it but I don't want to pay to ship it back and ship a new one or wait for the new one. It's snug in the way a binder should be but it's hard to get on. I have decent sewing skills and think it would work to sew in hooks (like bra clasps). Has anyone tried this? I don't want to ruin it, I just want it easier to put on.
    Thanks,
    Ben

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would be cautious doing that. The binders usually stretch out a bit with use. There are some binders that are made with velcro or zipper sides. I would just be careful with doing this because you don't want to make it unsafe.

Hawk and MaybeBenji like this.