1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age gaps...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Grace24601, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Grace24601

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm a 17 year old girl and I think there's something forming between me and this other girl I know, but she's 13. I know that this kind of age gap would most likely be frowned upon in a heterosexual relationship. Is it the same in same-sex relationships? We look exactly the same age and it's not like I'd ever pressure someone into sex or anything. Is it legal?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At 13, I really don't think It's a good idea. The age difference is way too huge. Now being 23 and 27 would be different, but I don't think It's mentally healthy for most 13 year olds to be with someone 4 years older.

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    13 sounds a little too young. Now if it was like 16 - 17 age gap then that's fine. But at 13, she's at a different maturity level.

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The age of consent in England and Wales is 16 - so, this girl is under the legal age of consent and any sexual contact between the two of you is likely illegal (whether you're pressuring her or not). Since you're under 18 yourself, it's possible that such a case might not be prosecuted, but of course I can't guarantee you that, and I don't know of any blanket guarantee of such a grey zone.

So, I would highly suggest that you not pursue a romantic relationship of any kind with this girl. It might be worthwhile thinking about why you feel attracted to her, knowing the differences in your age and experiences in life.