1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice with a guy I've been messaging?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChristianHipstr, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ChristianHipstr

So I've recently been messaging a guy. It's been about a week today but I'm still struggling with a problem we hit Tuesday.. At first we talked and clicked so well, everything came natural, nothing was one sided. We video chatted days after talking and its was ok, video chatted the next day and it was perfect other than a few awkward silenced in the void between topics, but I know that's normal. Then on Tuesday something happened in his life, not super tragic but very hard nontheless, and it made him depressed. Initially when he was upset I asked how I could help and he said to just talk to him, but since it's happened it's been nearly impossible to keep a conversation... We video chatted not long after he was sad, I managed to cheer him up a little, and it went fine.. He still made a little romantic gesture and messaged a sad face when my phone dropped the call and I had to restart the call. Athough with texting no matter how much I try his answers are bland, and short, or flat out non existent.. We had plans to meet and spend an evening together, but he canceled since he was upset and didn't want me to be hurt by his bad side.

But here's my question..
    Is he just tired and upset? Or do you think he's losing interest?

He works and attends school, and had a busy week. So I understand delayed responses.. But just not responding at all? I check in time to time, just to see how he's feeling, and he'll reply here and there. But he also hasn't made the first text since... He's a few years older, so I understand there's a difference on expectations from communication, but still.. I keep thinking about how it was before. Constant conversations with both sides trying. Both made it blatantly clear we're interested...

2. Diego89

Can you think of any other thing(s) that could've affect his attitude towards you?

If not then chances are that this is just the way he copes with things, withdrawing and keeping to himself, it's nothing to do with you and eventually everything will go back to how it was.

However if it goes on for a while then there might be something else going on. I would give him time tho, it just happened last tuesday.

3. thrnvlpidj

If he's in college and you're in high school, maybe he's realized that you are worlds apart.