1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jmh0725, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Jmh0725

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am pretty sure my wife is genderfluid. Which I support 100% but I am wondering how I can help her express herself? Any advice or ideas from anyone who is genderfluid or has experience with gender fluidity would be awesome!

2. Jamilove

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well you are already part way there just being willing to support. Fluid means sometime I am male feeling and and sometimes female. So it can be tricky but you should be able to tell. For me it can last for hours, days or longer. If she is open you should notice the change. It can be very hard to hide at times. For me there are also triggers that can bring on my girl. It might be going to the ballet or something I perceive as more feminine. Drinks with a couple female friends. There could be male triggers for her maybe going to a ballgame. Let her dress male when she feels it. Offer to share clothes if it works. Putting on a pair of actual men underwear I'm pretty sure she would enjoy. There are boxer panties but not the same as having a pouch in the front. Complement her like you would a male friend. You look good dude. It feels great to be seen and embraced as the way you feel. What I think people who don't experience this fail to understand is she feels masculine. For me it's a mental and physical change. When I'm a girl I hate body hair, find I smile more and are just a bit softer. Things actually look a bit different. Pronouns are big with some people but if you can use generic male names and stay away from very female pronouns that would help. Please help her embrace. It would be awesome if my spouse could understand. She seems to want Jami to be around when she wants help with fashion decisions!

Jami (my female name)

BradThePug likes this.
  3. Jmh0725

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope your spouse is at least trying to understand. My wife has gotten male clothes and she also got a packer. But she's doesn't wear then much anymore. But she strictly is the only one to wear the strap on,the most difficult thing to deal with is in the bedroom. She doesn't tell me which way she wants to do it, even when I asks, she says idk.

4. croftrs147

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my friend is gender fluid and they actually have a system for which pronouns to use that day, where they have a pink, a yellow, and a blue bracelet and whichever ones are on the right wrist are the ones they are going by at the time. when i don't know what the pronouns are because i'm not physically with them i use they/them pronouns or like during school i use what they were earlier that day