1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on shaving my body

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Notmymane, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Notmymane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been shaving my AMAB body for about a month now, and I'm running into some relatively minor trouble.

Basically, I'm tearing through razors every shave or two. I'm currently using a shaving foam and Venus silk razors with replaceable heads.

What I'm hoping for is techniques, product selections, and anything else that some folks might have to offer.

2. Notmymane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Additional information: I suspect that part of the problem is that my body hair is pretty dense and coarse, as well as the extra body area that I have to cover, but I'm absolutely open to other ideas. I am by no means a professional razorologist.

3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Snap! I use the same one. I have a confession to make though...I started using it in early 2021 and I have still to replace the razor. Is that bad? In fairness I only shave my legs once a month. I'm hairless on my chest and, well, can't be bothered doing my arms and armpits (what a scuzzy old mare I am!)

This sounds about right, though, like you, I'd hardly count myself as an expert. I can't wait til I'm able to get my leg hair lasered off.

Beth

4. Notmymane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Geez, I've been shaving every 2 or 3 days. That might also have something to do with it. I just love the feeling of shaved skin, stubble is bothersome to me, especially on my chest.

5. Notmymane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it's not a priority for you, then I don't think that makes you scuzzy. I don't think I could go that long, though, unless I had to. Honestly, letting it grow out is the main reason I haven't tried waxing yet.