1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed from any lesbian/bi/FTM trans on here

Discussion in 'Anonymous Physical and Sexual Health' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Anonymous

Who has experience of using a strap on? We're wanting to incorporate this into our sex life but don't know where to start looking. We're both petite girls and worried it won't stay in place etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Anonymous

3. Chloe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most links I'd post would be too adult for this site, but it's not all that difficult to find information online.

One expert is Sinclair Sexsmith, a "genderqueer kinky butch" writer and educator who has a lot of info on the Sugarbutch Chronicles blog. There are many posts on attitude and style, but also some reviews of products.

A better place to start, a great source of info, is the Good Vibrations site. They've been in the sex toys business for over 30 years and offer education along with their products. The strap-on pages include how to buy, how to use, etc. One page has a chart to compare styles of harnesses. I assume they also have pages for the "insertables".

It will be better to spend the money on a good harness that is adjustable and comfortable. A cheap one will be frustrating. The best and/or most popular harnesses are leather, which is not the most sanitary material, but you can clean it somewhat (that info is on the Sugarbutch blog and elsewhere). There aren't as many choices in less porous materials.

The dildo can always be changed, so focus on getting a good harness. They often have attachment points for your choice of o-ring to support different size dildos.

#3 Chloe, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  4. Anonymous

Thank you so much for replying. I'll check those sites out. I'd much rather buy online, I find adult shops to be a bit sleezy and Ann Summers don't really have much of a range when it comes to harnesses and dildo's.

5. Chloe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only somewhat related to the question, I wanted to share something that happened to me back in the 1980s. My lover and I used to volunteer as guest speakers in various health and psychology classes where they wanted to meet an actual gay person. (We called it Dyke Day.) We'd give a little lecture, but mostly take questions from the class. They'd submit them in advance on paper so no one would feel uncomfortable. A woman came up to us after one class and said she'd seen us before and had been too shy to ask her question two years earlier. The whispered question that had been stuck in her mind all that time was whether or not lesbians used dildos.