1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for telling someone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rose Grace, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Rose Grace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I am 15 and am a female, though biologically male. I just tried to tell my mom, but I couldn't. I really tried, but, seriously, aghhhhhhhhh...
    So I ended up walking away, and I'm pretty sure my mom thinks I'm taking drugs or something.
    How do I tell my parents?
    Edit: Actually, how do I tell anyone?

#1 Rose Grace, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure your mom doesn't think you're on drugs. We all get nervous, and often it's hard to hide.

Honestly, the advice I'd give 15 year old me is to start with somebody that is going to be okay with it. The person I told first wasn't the person I was closest to, it was somebody that I knew had other gay friends had would be cool with it. Also, as you are still dependent on your parents, test the water (even as simple as seeing how they react to some LGBT on the TV news) to make sure they aren't extreme ly hateful.

For myself, even as I've gotten more comfortable with my sexuality, is just say how I feel. I feel like it's harder to say a label when coming out. So instead of saying your trans, you could open the conversation up by saying (I'm assuming all this) that you feel uncomfortable in your body then just let the convo go from there. Remember, there are a bunch of different ways to come out (maybe write a letter?).