1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for a first-timer?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MaryMyers, Jul 28, 2013.

1. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This isn't about sex (sorry if that disappoints you, lol!), but rather, moving on after my first relationship.

2013 had been the most amazing year, until my lady friend left me in order to satisfy her homophobic family/friends. It's been 6 weeks since the split and due to wanting to remain friends we've been in regular contact (even sleeping together more than once) ever since.

However, while she's already going out and even sleeping with guys, I'm still dwelling on the past and need to begin moving on (more than I already have). My best friend thinks that I should cut this lady out of my life, but a large part of me is reluctant to.

I was considering messaging her and saying that I need some space, perhaps a few weeks, just to seal the break-up deal and focus on making myself better. Do you think this is a good idea? What would you suggest in my case, without hurting either myself or the lady?

2. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I understand wanting to be friends with your ex because it a way of staying close when your not over someone , however your never going to get over her if your still in regular contact, I have to agree with your friends I think you need to cut contact with her until your over her in order to heal because knowing about her sex life with other people must be hurting you. Sounds to me like you know what you need to do ,ask for some space concentrate on yourself for a while and you may find someone else in the meanwhile