1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe CC pricing

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BothWaysSecret, Nov 3, 2018.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anybody have any experience getting a better price on Adobe Creative Cloud apps? I'm currently paying for the entire Suite (around $52 a month), but I really only use about 5 or 6 of the programs. It seems silly to be paying for all of that when I only use a portion of it.

All of their other current plans don't have the correct combination of programs that I use in the bundle, so I can't even switch plans.

I have also tried the method of saying I'm still a student, but they emailed recently saying that they could not verify my student status and offered to give me a special alumni price. Never said what the price was. I have also just received my monthly statement and it's still the full price, so it doesn't even seem like they took anything off for a so-called "alumni price"

I wonder if they would be able to offer me a special price for the 5 or 6 apps I use? Has anyone ever had any experience with this?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to suggest the student option. The only other thing I found was this: Adobe CC.
    It wouldn't hurt to try emailing or calling them and ask if they would do such a thing.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. I hate how expensive these things are. I wonder if there's any other similar products that are cheaper that are a decent substitute?

3. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could try switching to the student plan again to get the better pricing. My account is still under my student email, so I could try it.

I can also definitely try contacting Adobe. Thanks!

I wish they had custiomized bundles, it would make my life so much easier.

4. Litebrite

Litebrite Guest

At one point they had a photo editing package which was just PS and light room which is all I needed. Not sure if its still an option to sign up for , but its like 16 USD a month.

5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I remember correctly, if you need two apps out of the suite, it's actually cheaper to get the full suite. However, your mileage may vary; contrary to what one might expect, Adobe products are actually more expensive in the global south where I am, than in the United States.

6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I use four or five out of the whole suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, and (on occasion) Media Encoder.

It sucks, because all of the packages Adobe offers have Photoshop, but none of the other apps in the same bundle.

7. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you use illustrator on a tablet (or anything running mobile ios or android like the chromebook i'm writing this on) you can use autodesk sketch, it's pretty good.

8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I use it on a Mac/Apple laptop.

I do use Autodesk Maya for animation software...

#8 BothWaysSecret, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  9. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One possible solution is buy an older copy of Adobe Creative Suite. This assumes that older software has the features one needs. Also it may force one to keep an older computer around (older versions of CS might or might not run on a current OS).

I've actually heard of graphic professionals doing this sort of thing--they reach a cracking point where they are tired of the regular cost of new hardware, and upgraded software, not to mention adapting to change, and decide to lock in on older technology.