1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting to change

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mystic flower, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The last couple of months have been very trying, and it feels great to feel on top of the mental health issues. Living with an anxiety disorder is exhausting, and I am content when I can handle life. A lot of the anxiety that I deal with goes back to being who I am in this toxic homophobic isolated community of 2800 - I am bisexual. Just recently, I have noticed that I have a strong attraction to a woman where I get my morning coffee. I have been thinking of ways to talk to her, to start a friendship but we may be opposites. I don't know. But at the same time I feel butterflies when I see her smile, my mind is telling me that I have too much baggage (a husband, 4 kids and I don't attract her) or that she is straight. I want to buy her coffee because it's an innocent friendly gesture, but she probably gets her coffee for free or she doesn't drink coffee. I need to see her off the pedestal and dial down the butterflies. Or are the butterflies and the unknown enough for now? Maybe it is better that we are just acquaintances because my unrealistic expectations will certainly not be met?

2. regkmc

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Who knows. Maybe buy her coffee and see what happens.

Emmareld likes this.
  3. Jaimequestions

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I asked an uncle of mine how he has so many friends and how to start a conversation. Pretty much he said just say hi I'm (insert name). I recently started a new job and it has worked out great to meet new people.

4. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe say hi and offer a coffee, it would be seen as friendly I would think. You never know how something will go unless you give it a shot. It's up to you though in the end. Whatever is most comfortable for you.

5. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, I will work up the courage to start a conversation. I am usually easy going and can have a conversation with anyone, but with her my mind goes blank and I might end up saying something stupid.

SoulSearch likes this.