1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADD/ADHD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Revive, May 30, 2020.

1. Revive

Revive Guest

Hi! I'm posting this here, cause I wanna keep it light. Lately I've been noticing things of myself that make me think I've probably got some ADD or ADHD. Does anyone have any experiences with that, or maybe something 'similar' like autism? I've also got some symptoms of anxiety, so it might have to do with that too. I'm obviously not looking for a diagnoses on here, but I'm just curious how ADD or related 'disorders' are present in your daily life. Thanks for responding!

2. Chaosbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I was diagnosed with Bipolar and ADHD a few years ago. It really effects my concentration and attention span but I'm learning to deal with it. I have learned that in order to be officiant at work I need to work for about thirty to forty mins and then take a 5-10 min break, which my boss understands. Another thing that it effects is my attention for hobbies. I jump from hobby to hobby like crazy. I'll dive into whatever catches my attention and dive into it (like crazy dive into it by getting as much supplies as I can and then spending every waking moment on it) and then just as quickly as the obsession comes on, it's gone and I'll never touch it again. Drives the wife crazy!

3. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I have all of that, or at least a mild/borderline version of all of that. I haven't taken anything but it's become detrimental enough to my professional career at this point that I may test some things for ADD, but only briefly while I'm training for a new job.

4. Mysticsnow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have ADD and I deal with it as best as I can, i was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid but as I got older I stopped being hyperactive I have more problems paying attention it's not like I don't listen to people when they are talking about something because I do listen I just have trouble paying attention.

5. Sophia04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have ADHD and I'm not sure how much of my life is different due to my ADHD since I don't know what it's like not having it but I do notice that I will say things in conversations that others think are very off topic but to me have a perfectly clear (probably 10 mile long) path that links them to the conversation.

6. LaraB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have ADD and have been diagnosed. I took medication for a bit but it made my anxiety worse and I think coping mechanisms work better for me. I struggle with focus sometimes but then when I get into a task can get hyper-focused so I have no idea what’s going on around me, even if someone comes up next to me and starts talking I won’t notice unless they same my name or touch me.

I am terribly disorganised with belongings and housework. I lose stuff all the time. I am bad with estimating time. I remember things like appointments and things I need to do but then the next thought comes in my brain before I’ve acted on it and pushes it out before I’ve done it.

I can feel lost in my own thoughts a lot and sometimes it’s hard to pay attention to what’s going on outside my head.

I’m quite used to it now and have coping mechanisms that work most of the time for me. I think it helps in some ways, I am a really good problem solver and have quite an intellectual job which suits my always thinking ADD brain. My house is still a mess though :grin: