1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acting sexy and clubbing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Clinker, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Clinker

Clinker Guest

Not really sure how to word this but i give it a go. I would say this is a help thread, but im more interested in story time to be honest.

Once i get a little more independents (work, car, gold pieces, etc) i plan to try and come out of my shell a bit more and, maybe, attempt to find someone special and visit a few gay clubs about the town (Bournemouth triangle in this case). But id like to know a few things about it.

1) what was your first time clubbing like? Was it good, bad, solo, group? Hook up? Any themed events?

And

2) what are some good methods of "acting sexy" to attract attention in said club (especially if your a little on the chubby side)? You know, body language, movement, attire, dances, etc? Even though this is likely down to personal preferences.

Just thought id ask given that im at that age that i want to be out and about more (no entertainment locally in charity shop town) and away for the night, being the nighthawk i am.

Thats more or less it, i think.

#1 Clinker, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Clinker,

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Your questions seem pretty broad. Are you asking about what to expect? Are you asking about how to go about things if you want to hookup?

I've been to gay clubs in Germany and the US, both in groups and by myself. I mainly go when I'm in the mood to dance to electronic music and/or just enjoy the atmosphere.

Each club is fairly unique in terms of the clientele it attracts and themes for different nights. In the US, Drag shows are very popular, especially on weekend nights.

(Btw, I liked your old username better.)

3. Clinker

Clinker Guest

Im mainly just curious about what to expect when i start clubbing and the possible turns of events that may occur, ie: people you may meet, things that could go wrong, etc. ( I'm not very good a bulk questions:sweat_smile:). Also like to hear some experiences from people about when they started to get an idea.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Clinker,

I've got to go for now, but I'll try to respond to you better later.

5. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Clinker. Have you been out in the Triangle yet? If not a good bar is DYMK (Does your mother know). It's a pretty chilled out place and has more of a bar feel than club but might be a good place to start. Really, it depends on how you approach. If you have a couple of friends then you could go with them to get a feel for it. If not you just pop in and see the place or, if you are someone who goes to bars and reads, then you could do that.

In terms of people, if you are able to strike up a conversation then that's a good way to meet people. You may get people hitting on you as well but just stick with what feels comfortable.

Hope this helps but feel free to ask questions.

P.S. No need to clarify this but if you are new to the area then maybe look at join an LGBT group of some sort (either work based or sport based??)

6. Clinker

Clinker Guest

@Barbatus yes that helped, thanks:slight_smile:. I have heard of the triangle. it is the nearest place to me and i have been trying to check it out but cant due to various reasons like transportation and spare cash, stuff like that.

I would like to join a lgbt group. Unfortunately theres none local to me, in fact it seems to be a wasteland devoid of lgbt folk. no clubs or meets at the college either.

7. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well this takes me back! My first time at a gay club was terrifying and electrifying all at the same time. I was closeted, underage, and intensely curious about sex. I learned about all these on the same night! Looking back it was a very simple and common experience at a relatively small bar in the midwest, but at the time it was a huge step for me acknowledging who I am. Since then I've been to bars and dance clubs in a number of cities and countries, although I tend to go with friends and I'm not much of a bar person myself.

I think going out to a gay club means something different for each person. Some like to dance, some drink, some are looking to hook up, some just want to get out for the night. Don't assume anything about the people you meet, and also don't trust them any more than you get to know them.

I think that by far the most attractive guys are the ones who know and like who they are! They're comfortable in their own skin, they have a sense of humor, and they genuinely love life. Before you think about "sexiness" per se, think about what makes you special and what unique gifts you offer. Those are what someone else will like too. The biggest sex organ isn't between your legs, it's between your ears!

Trust your gut and always keep your own safety in mind while still getting to know people. Even in the progressive Pacific Northwest we've had to deal with arson and threats of ricin attacks. Of course we all remember the tragedy in Orlando last PRIDE. Sorry for the doom and gloom, but be safe and stay aware of your surroundings (i.e. stay passably sober so that you're alert).

Be genuine, have fun, and be yourself. Good luck!

Patrick

8. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Clinker,

Patrick7269 makes some good points. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you can get home and always be prepared to leave if you feel uncomfortable - people can sometimes be pretty handsy and assertive. Of course, people can also be friendly and a good laugh. Just stick with what your feel happy doing.

In terms of transport, yeah around here can be very difficult if you don't have a car. If bus links are an option for you then that is probably the cheapest and easiest way to get into Bournemouth. Do you have a friend that would go with you? That might make it easier for you to get transport and you wouldn't have go alone.

Also, are you thinking of University? There will be an LGBTQ group for you to join if you go to uni. Are you thinking of or planning on getting your driving licence? If so would you be able to use (presumably) your parent's car?