1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acknowledgment vs. Acceptance of your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by curiouspasserby, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Joolz66, did you find relief in enjoying the sex with another man and not just thinking about it or getting off to the idea of it anymore?

I too would rationalize and bargain immediately after fantasizing about gay sex and this would cause concern that my obvious attraction was not real. But then when I finally was doing all the things I always wanted to do with a man I experienced tremendous joy that I was really gay.

This joy was a big help in my acceptance. It also gave me confidence in dating men that I would not be afraid to fall in love with one or mislead a guy who desired a long term relationship that would require both men in it to be fully out of closet.

I just reached a place were my want of having a boyfriend became much stronger than my fear of people knowing I had one.

Nealg likes this.
  2. Joolz66

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The relief was enormous and it felt so natural, it was like i had rehearsed it a million times in my head and it felt like it just flowed. That's when I was forced out of my denial and into acknowledgement. Once the genie was out the bottle the next challenge has become waking up, in a heterosexual marriage, to the fact that im actually gay and what that means for me..

Gay Brett and Nealg like this.
  3. Rainbow64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Acknowledgement is the first step, so give yourself credit for that. Acceptance and loving yourself for who you are comes later. It takes time to work through internalized homophobia. Be patient and love yourself. You are worth it

Joolz66 and Nealg like this.