1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ace...relationship?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by starmotive, Mar 27, 2017.

1. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mean for this to sound ignorant at all, but can ace people be in a relationship, more specifically with someone who isn't ace?

I'm a lesbian who has feelings for someone who may identify as ace. Are there things I should keep in mind if I tell the person about my feelings?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on the circumstances. I've known people who can compromise having sex even though they don't like it, and some people who are so repulsed by sex they can't do it at all.

3. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It really depends. An ace person has to find someone who can compromise or doesn't take enough importance in sex to have it. There are some ace people who have sex just to please their partner. It really depends on how important sex is for you. You should have the discussion as soon as you can into the relationship about what is okay and what is not.

I considered myself ace for a long time and that personally caused some differences between me and my non ace partners. Just keep that in mind that ya gotta find some middle ground or acceptance because if you can't it usually makes it really difficult.

4. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest I don't even know how I feel about sex.

Maybe I should clarify: I meant is there a way to approach telling an ace person that I like them without them thinking that I only like them in a sexual way? I would never want someone to have sex with me if it wasn't something they wanted too.

5. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would tell them you're undecided about that too.

Just be yourself and tell them you like them and they're an awesome person and all that. As long as you're not making advances, I personally don't think you'll come across that way. If you have a conversation about this all with them, I would tell them like you said, no pressure. ^_^

You sound like you're fine on this.