1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accounts Merged

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by BlueBanana, Sep 9, 2017.

1. BlueBanana

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I deleted an email account earlier and every account that used it, which included an account here. Then I made a new email and thus a new account on here, as I wanted to start off new with this forum.

So I was just looking at my account and, strangly, it seems the two accounts have merged despite the fact there is no conncection with them. My joined date is the same date as my older one, my messages number has the ones from my other account, and my followers seems to have followed over as well.

Lucky, none of my old posts showed up, I'm just confused as to why and how this has happened?

#1 BlueBanana, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

We don't allow multiple accounts or "fresh starts", as the expectation of authenticity is one of the most important values EC places on its community. We have a variety of tools that detect when users have created new accounts when they previously had accounts. In these cases, we simply merge the old account with the new one, and that's what happened in this case.