1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A rant about german LGBT

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "you have to go to court to change your name"

guess what, we have to do that in the USA too, and the states are much bigger than Germany.

Also, since when was masculinity measured by the paycheck? The stereotype is that Construction Workers and other "heavy lifting" jobs are the most masculine ones, not the jobs with big paychecks like Doctors or CEO's.

2. Lazuri

Okay, you're actually starting to annoy me a bit. 40% of people definitely do not have a dislike for transpeople. That would mean that in general, almost every second person I meet will dislike me and they just don't, so that's full of shit. Let me give you a tip here, studies are bullshit almost every single time. Has the study you're talking about been replicated? More than once? Has it been peer reviewed and confirmed by the scientific community as "more or less" correct? The MASSIVE majority of studies do not and are all next to worthless in an argument--they are media candy, a tool for propaganda--and every argument that starts with "a study shows" with no source at all, I will immediately disregard.

No, you're not talking about wearing a seat belt in your car in the off chance something will happen, driving is dangerous and when accidents do happen, they're often fatal or leave you with severe injuries; what you're doing is more like wearing a helmet whenever you go outside in the fear that space junk will fall from the sky and hit you in the head, it's virtually impossible, but for some reason, you feel like you should protect yourself from it at all times for no real reason.

This is exactly what happens when you just listen to the internet and media instead of going outside and collecting your own experiences.

About going to court, you have to go to court to get a lot of things done that aren't of criminal nature, educate yourself a little.

And finally, about pessimism, here's the dictionary definition:
    "pertaining to or characterized by pessimism or the tendency to expect only bad outcomes; gloomy; joyless; unhopeful"
    It's literally what you're doing. Word for fucking word.

So really, take off your victim jacket, stop thinking the world is out to get you, go out into the world and get a REAL perspective of how the world works and stop wasting everybody's time with this temper tantrum that you insist on maintaining.

I, for one, am done letting you waste my time. I'm out.

#22 Lazuri, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I was a bit confused by that as well.

Around her farmers, steel mill workers, truck drivers, construction crews, car mechanics, these low paying but labor intensive jobs are considered the "masculine man's" domain. And doctors, bankers, CEO's are liked for their money but often time are consider less than manly. Same applies for nurses and teachers, though they don't get paid very well, they are often seen as less than manly.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Lazuri, I really tried to play nice with you. (If there's a mod here, c'mon delete me now)

But this ist the biggest bullshit I ever read. You're talking about sweden, where people can claim to be cats, two meter tall when they're dwarfs or grown adults think they are 7-year-olds. This madness does not revolve around the world.

So basically, according to your example, transphobia is no danger at all and doesn't exist, because you didn't experience it. Fine! Let's stop cancer, HIV, ADD and every illness I didn't have because therefore they don't exist at all.

Jamie Dodger doesn't complain about being asked about how he has sex constantly, no he's just making it up. The girl whose link I posted? She made it up. Attention whore or did she make an excuse for being lazy?

People who are killed? They asked for it. Or they commited suicide. Or no, wait: FAKE NEWS.

The existence of EC? Has nothing to do with homo or transphobia. The coming out section is only full of people who are scared of nothing. All hypochondriacs?

Girl, leave your bubble. Probably talk to a little less punks and a little more to normal citizens.

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2017 at 09:44 PM ----------

Oh and I'm not gonna answer any of this shit anymore, while I appreciate those who at least stated their stuff like decent people, I find that I should rather keep my distance from LGBT, even online.

I thought about this for long, guess I needed a push.

5. DoriaN

Okay, now you've kinda irked me. Apologies in advance but I hope my words carry some impact to you, because you've offended me now.

But people in here from Germany have said the same thing, and Germany is also known for having the youngest gender reassignment transsexual person ever, Kim Petras (As of when I last checked). From Cologne Germany, she is currently 24 and had the surgery at age 16. I can assure you everyone knows her and she is very much alive and well.

It's fine to be a bit scared but this among many other reasons (Including trans people on this site who are older and been dealing with worse) is why we're all sharing the same sentiment of paranoia and some delusion.

Of course there are people who hate trans stuff, hateful people are hateful people. People get hated on for wearing the wrong clothes, nevermind any other idiosyncratic areas.

My career is in the trades, I have the manliest job of anyone if this were a contest.

I have to climb 200ft towers to fix them at refineries and plants. I wear coveralls, a hardhat, use 2 inch wrenches, pipe wrenches, torque and weld vessels etc. I've been into 55 degree celcius powerhouses while inside Tyvex suits, with a full face respirators on, on my back, holding a 5" angle ####### to grind out some miscellaneous part necessary inside a deactuator. I was losing liquid so fast I was almost drowning inside my own suit and face mask.

One job every day I had to go up 9 LEVELS just to get to my job site. We're talking well around 220 stairs one way. One day I was the tool runner, so back down I go. Ever play FF7? Know the Shinra staircase scene? That was me, imagine going up and down 7 times a day (Got that booty tho). That's just GETTING to the job, nevermind the job itself with the danger and skill required.

Did you know that while I was INSANELY fearful (for my life) to start, no one EVER made a comment? I literally work with people that talk about ladyboys, thailand, trannys, and the like ALL THE TIME (In large ignorance). I work in a very macho, redneck-esque workplace, the oil patch.

I TRANSITIONED WITH THIS AS MY CAREER.

Here's a picture of my work outfit (I'm not in the picture)

[​IMG]

Here's a place where I went to work for 84 hours a week for 6 weeks straight.

[​IMG]

Here's two more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a few examples, I work contract jobs so I've been to multiple refineries in multiple places, meeting fresh people nearly every time in one of the most masculine macho environments around.

Know what they'd say to your problems right now? Even if they were fine with you being trans?

"Stop being a pussy."
    "Let your husband at home handle the hard stuff then if you can't"

So please, man up and build a bridge over it.

Assuming these stories covered the full story (which they don't) and the people featured were completely innocent (doubtful), it wouldn't change that these are personal isolated cases.
    Not every story is equal, not every trans person is sane, and people get bullied or face harassment regardless of gender issues, it's just you're citing gender stories and letting them run your rhetoric and it seems very inappropriate.
    I think it's evidenced by the other ladies here since we all get a similar feeling reading this, we aren't unsympathetic but after a certain point it's started turning pathetic.

You know people have made websites for literally near anything right? Yes people do face issues, but the equivocation of your issue is like going "I saw there was an earthquake in Papua New Guinea, I can't go outside this means there are earthquakes in Germany!!!"

Like, what? Chill.

Girl, leave your bubble. Probably show some respect to those who came before you and let you even have all your privilege, and stop having your ears tickled by things you want to hear. Go meet some normal citizens and experience the world instead of having a pity party. You're a man, act like one, the women are giving you crap right now.

Good day.

#25 DoriaN, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  6. Lacayda

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @DoriaN I really want to give you a hundred likes for your post. That was great!

7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, since everyone is talking about how you pissed them off.....

Dude, look at my location real quick. I live in South Carolina. In case you aren't aware of it, that is pretty much the buckle of the bible belt. There is a church on almost every street, being gay is a sin and the only thing worse than being a "sinning faggot" is to be a "mentally ill tranny". I have heard people say they would beat a trans-woman if they ever see her in the bathroom. My brother works at a grocery store with people who have said the same thing, has made my brother check someone out because she didn't want to help a gay couple, and at least two workers vocally made racist remarks to a brown skin man wearing a turban because they thought he was Muslims (he was Hindu). Those two workers were later fired for their remarks, in case you wondered, as was the woman who refused to check out the gay couple.
    I live in a place where those things that you fear do happen. I live in a place where it is not uncommon for people to be kicked out for being gay or "worse".

So why am I not running up to you and agreeing 100%?

Dude, you live in ducking Germany. GERMANY!!!
    Do you know how many guaranteed rights you have that I envy you for?
    You get to use the correct bathroom.
    You get access to medical care i won't be able to afford till god knows when, and that is if President Baby Hands doesn't do something to take that away.
    You live in a country that is far more progressieve than many of the countries people on this site hail from.
    You get to have an ID card that has your correct gender. So what if it says you are trans? There are legal reasons it has to state that, and to equate to being rounded up like Jews during WWII is just horrifying wrong. And that it comes from a German citizens makes all the worse to see.

Thank god I met you because up till now I thought myself the most pessimistic person around.

Yes, the comingout section of this forum is filled with scared people afraid what will happen to them upon coming out. They have that right, and many probably have reason to be. Many probably live with family would are vocally anti-LGBT. Or live ana country that is trying to tell you not to use a bathroom because your birth certificate says male but your soul is female through and through.
    But here is what they are doing better than you right now, they are steeling themselves for bad reactions but also holding onto hope. They are allowing themselves to believe that no matter what things will work out, that they will find a way.

Now let us bring this this thread back to where it started. Your country offers you an ID card that says you are male but also has something on there saying that you are transgender and/or intersex, because there are times when officlas need to know that your legally documented gender won't be what is on the ID card.
    Okay, you aren't out and worry what family will say if they see that your card says it for Trans. How would you explain to them why it has a gender they don't know you are?
    Okay, what if strangers saw it? I promises you most.won't care, and if they don't like trans people.most will just keep it themselves and rant to their friend/family about you later. Some might be vocal and that is when you walk away, though it seems you have a temper on you so that might not be possible.
    Really, if you have such a problem with the damn card don't get.
    Better yet, if you think Germany so bad then you can move here and I will take your place there. I mean clearly it is opposite day and Germany is Hell and America is paradise.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see your concerns, but I think you're blowing things way out of proportion.

9. smee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ROTFLMAO! Seriously, do people in the surrounding European countries sit in lawn chairs just across the border eating popcorn and watching the German state? This is comedy gold. Yeah, I'm stereotyping big time, but only Germany could be this considerate of its citizens!

On a more practical note, I know it sucks. Yeah, you could just get a name change, leave the initial for now and tell anyone who actually cares that the bureau made a mistake and you're trying to fix it, but I'm not sure if I'd personally be ok with that and it's nowhere near as big of deal for me as it is for you.