1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A positive message

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LunaMare, Oct 18, 2019.

1. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there!

I wanted to check out this site after a long long time. There are so many sad and emotional stories on here that I just wanted to share how this forum has helped me change my life around and how things do get better sometimes!

I joined EC more than 2 years ago. Lost, confused and wondering if maybe I might be bi, turns out I’m really damn gay instead. I can’t believe what my life is like right now. In relation to my friends and family, nothing has changed but for me it’s like a new world has opened.

For a long time I was lost in thoughts about my sexuality all day long and I spent quite some time on here. Reading my old post proves how much denial was still going on.

But now I came out to everyone. All the fear about bad reactions, people treating me diffently and the relationships in my life changing was unnecessary, they even grew stronger since I can really be myself.

And the best part: my amazing girlfriend!

We met on a dating app, which was the last place I’d ever suspect to find love, but I did. I fell hard and fast and all my doubts disappeared. Yes I’m gay, yes I love woman, especially this specific one, and I couldn’t be happier. It’s been only 8 months but our lives are coming more and more together and my family has fully embraced her!

I’m so glad I finally get to experience love the way it’s supposed to feel and non of that would have been possible without this forum.

Thank you everyone for the support and hang in there cause things can change for the better in a heartbeat!

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey LunaMare,

That's great! It's really inspiring to read stories such as yours. I'm glad the forum has been helpful to you and that you were able to face these challenges, with a positive outcome for you.

Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

LunaMare likes this.
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay congratulations. Always nice to hear a happy ending.

LunaMare likes this.
  4. Bouldghirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing that. It’s lovely to hear that sometimes EC can really make a difference. I hope your happiness together will continue to grow.

LunaMare likes this.
  5. Rin311

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on your coming out going well and on your relationship! Take care.

LunaMare likes this.