1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A place for support

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TrevinMichael, Sep 14, 2018.

1. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes on posts people are right out mean and none supportive.

When you know almost zero about a person do not judge them or tell them they are not ok or should not be this way or that.

This is exactly why we are here to be supported and not bullied.

THE WHOLE REASON this site is here is for a safe place to be.

No matter how or who I am I do not need to be crapped on. Enough people have done that to me.

TM

I am who I am.

Forlong likes this.
  2. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I'm guessing this is about the two spirit thing... I don't recall anyone ever telling you, you are not allowed to identify as two spirit or bullying you. I offered my own personal opinion on the matter. I generally don't think it's such a great idea for non-native people to apply that term to themselves or promote it's use among other non-natives on the whole.

Maybe you should ask yourself why people having opinions makes you this defensive. Your sense of self should not be so fragile that you take a general opinion about something so personally.

#2 fadedstar, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2018
    smurf and Aberrance like this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An excuse for being mean? Hate never feels nice. Big news. And then TrevinMichael is not allowed to express their opinion, that they feel bad about it, yes? And others are allowed to midlessly attck them. Alright *rolls eyes*

4. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I don't see how anything you've said relates to anything in what I've said, why did you quote me? An excuse to misrepresent me and then baselessly attack me to feel morally superior? I wasn't hating anyone or telling anyone not to express their opinion. *rolls eyes*

#4 fadedstar, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2018
  5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was not about the two spirited thing.

I am okay with what you said.

When you do not know someone at all there is no way of knowing things until it comes up.

There have been posts in the past where some have been mean or attacking.

6. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not being defensive.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When anyone sees posts they believe are mean or attacking, please use the "report" button to let us know. Hopefully the staff sees it without the report, but as we're stretched a little thin right now, having the post reports helps.

TrevinMichael likes this.
  8. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    TrevinMichael, i think because this post is so soon after the two spirit post, perhaps some assumed it was about that? Because if i remember right (which is debatable lol) you said something at the bottom of the two spirit post about people jumping on your case without knowing anything about you, and proceeded to tell us your background. The two posts sound alike and from an outsiders view, i think its an understandable conclusion.

Fadedstar, Emerry, i see both of your points. But if you want to have back and forth conversation about this all over Trevin's post, perhaps you should dm or wall post or something. It would detract from the point of the post which is to help and or support Trevin.

TrevinMichael, first what pronouns do you wanna go by? Idk what to call you. And i'm sorry people have been attacking you in replies sometimes. We all get enough of that from the outside world, hell from ourselves even...we should all be considerate and patient and supportive of each other.

Forlong likes this.
  9. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To Assume things is never good.

I just see people jumping on others and it becomes a cluster F*ck. So what I am saying is think before you post and be more supportive. The minute I posted this he assumed it was about that. It was about many posts and not mostly on mine. The way you post should still be supportive and not attacking. I am not the only one to have noticed this on threads where it seems like 2 or 3 are ganging up on someone.

#10 TrevinMichael, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  11. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still go by He and him. My animal name is Bison who Dances with Wind

If you want to call me Bison you can.

12. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It’s only been the last couple of years that I’ve accepted that I’m bi, and this site has been one of my only outlets. By and large, people have been fine with me, and I don’t get offended easily. If, however, I was taking my first tentative steps in this word and felt I was being attacked, I would have just retreated. This has not happened to me, but I definitely see your point

TrevinMichael likes this.
  13. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just think many of us have been beaten up some of us literally for being different. I was beat in high school. We do not need to do that here. In a place where we are not known fully we cannot assume things and then start bashing on each other. It just feels like bullying to me at times. An for an example the very first post on this very thread.

"Maybe you should ask yourself why people having opinions makes you this defensive. Your sense of self should not be so fragile that you take a general opinion about something so personally."

For one I was not being defensive. I was being me. How would you even know if I had Indian blood in me to begin with. I am not fragile I am very strong. Ask yourself why you are assuming so much. And why you are judging me. I do not know you well enough to say anything at all. And yet you seem to think you know what I am feeling and who I am from a few posts.

Again I restate this is a place of support. All I ask is for you to be more supportive. It is how you say things and how you treat others. The person who came to my defense left the site the same day she showed up. Opinions are just that and that if fine, but you were assuming a great deal and talking about me when you do not know me.