1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A place for support

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TrevinMichael, Sep 14, 2018 at 6:16 AM.

1. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes on posts people are right out mean and none supportive.

When you know almost zero about a person do not judge them or tell them they are not ok or should not be this way or that.

This is exactly why we are here to be supported and not bullied.

THE WHOLE REASON this site is here is for a safe place to be.

No matter how or who I am I do not need to be crapped on. Enough people have done that to me.

TM

I am who I am.

Beebee80 likes this.
  2. fadedstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm guessing this is about the two spirit thing... I don't recall anyone ever telling you, you are not allowed to identify as two spirit or bullying you. I offered my own personal opinion on the matter. I generally don't think it's such a great idea for non-native people to apply that term to themselves or promote it's use among other non-natives on the whole.

Maybe you should ask yourself why people having opinions makes you this defensive. Your sense of self should not be so fragile that you take a general opinion about something so personally.

#2 fadedstar, Sep 14, 2018 at 6:35 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 6:37 AM
    Aberrance likes this.
  3. emerry

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    An excuse for being mean? Hate never feels nice. Big news. And then TrevinMichael is not allowed to express their opinion, that they feel bad about it, yes? And others are allowed to midlessly attck them. Alright *rolls eyes*

4. fadedstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see how anything you've said relates to anything in what I've said, why did you quote me? An excuse to misrepresent me and then baselessly attack me to feel morally superior? I wasn't hating anyone or telling anyone not to express their opinion. *rolls eyes*

#4 fadedstar, Sep 16, 2018 at 6:30 AM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 6:35 AM
  5. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was not about the two spirited thing.

I am okay with what you said.

When you do not know someone at all there is no way of knowing things until it comes up.

There have been posts in the past where some have been mean or attacking.

6. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not being defensive.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When anyone sees posts they believe are mean or attacking, please use the "report" button to let us know. Hopefully the staff sees it without the report, but as we're stretched a little thin right now, having the post reports helps.

8. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    TrevinMichael, i think because this post is so soon after the two spirit post, perhaps some assumed it was about that? Because if i remember right (which is debatable lol) you said something at the bottom of the two spirit post about people jumping on your case without knowing anything about you, and proceeded to tell us your background. The two posts sound alike and from an outsiders view, i think its an understandable conclusion.

Fadedstar, Emerry, i see both of your points. But if you want to have back and forth conversation about this all over Trevin's post, perhaps you should dm or wall post or something. It would detract from the point of the post which is to help and or support Trevin.

TrevinMichael, first what pronouns do you wanna go by? Idk what to call you. And i'm sorry people have been attacking you in replies sometimes. We all get enough of that from the outside world, hell from ourselves even...we should all be considerate and patient and supportive of each other.

Beebee80 likes this.
  9. AudryLeigh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Trevin,

Again with the defensiveness and backpedaling. You run with a mean crowd here. Sorry you have to put up with this shit, it's embarrassing. You are so right to say, "I am who I am." I thought that was the whole idea of sites like this, was to accept everybody as who they are -- because that's who they are! Trevin, you can come join my site and you won't be treated like this, but I can't say what it is because of the rules -- Daymn. Anyway, I can't believe all the crap you've gracefully fielded from two posts. Wish I could give you my address. BTW, I pretty much agree with what @AlexJames said, at least somebody around here has some manners.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

AlexJames likes this.