1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new kind of comfortable

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RosePetals76, Nov 18, 2016.

1. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I went on vacation with my love, and met a bunch of her old friends this week. It helped me feel so much more connected to her, and it was awesome hanging out with another lesbian couple.

Then yesterday I had a minor surgery, and she was there to take care of me. I've never felt so loved or cared for. While I was in surgery my mom and my love were stuck hanging out, and they got into some really good conversations and a whole lot closer, too. Mom was the slowest to accept me coming out, but by the end of the day she told us she loved us both! It felt so amazing!

With mom's new found comfort, her true open curious nature came out, though. We ended up in conversations about safe sex as a lesbian, marriage laws by state (so not equal in the 2 states we border), and how to choose a sperm donor when we have babies. It's amazing how far we have all come, and that I have this wonderful woman to share my life with!

2. maybgayguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is so wonderful to hear stories like this. It gives a lot of us hope. Many people that have come out and find themselves in a better place often leave the site (for obvious reasons.). Therefore we don't get some success stories like this. This is SO sweet.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is such wonderful news, Rosepetals!

Indeed, when people come face-to-face with an actual breathing person, all prejudices tend to melt away. Your mother has given you an incredible gift! Henceforth, may joy be the unending condition of your life and of your future children's lives!